#1 Mater Dei 0 at #8 SJB 28 Final

2 hours ago, pied said:

Name that tune. I want to see the schools that are elite and have players 60+ miles. I’m pretty familiar with long commutes for school, but 60 miles is a pretty extreme distance. 

Off the top of my head (Player/Miles/ Hometown to HS):

Leonte Carroo, 54, Edison NJ to DBP

Steele Divitto, 56, Ridgefield CT to DBP

Josh McKenzie, 69, Wall NJ to BC

Delaney Fludd, 82, West Haven CT to BC

Tyler Booker, 85, New Haven CT to BC

Blake Corum, 89, Marshall, VA to SFA

MarShawn Lloyd, 91, Middletown, DE to DeMatha

Devan Sisler, 97, Bayville NJ to DBP

4 minutes ago, pied said:

Thanks for the list, but it brings up some questions. Two of these four teams you listed are under .500 and not one of them are in your top 25 which begs the question of your definition of “elite”. 

Even with open enrollment I can say with a degree of certainty that Duncanville, De Soto, or North Shore have players commuting 60+ miles, and it would appear these would have to be considered elite. 

Those teams were elite when said players were matriculating there. 

Are you confirming that DV, DS and NS currently have football players commuting daily from 60+ miles away? 

22 minutes ago, pied said:

That is a great point. MD got their ass beat really badly Friday. We shouldn’t avoid that at all. 🙂

Touché. Indeed we did get our asses handed to us. It was a disgrace to to see how the team was unprepared and uninspired. Let’s discuss this on this thread rather than Texas. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pied said:

How many players are you aware of commuting  60+ miles each day from these two teams?

Also - did you attend MD?

I don’t know how many players but I know there are players that do. It’s a free world and kids can attend whatever private school they want.

Yes, I attended MD 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I don’t know how many players but I know there are players that do. It’s a free world and kids can attend whatever private school they want.

Yes, I attended MD 

Free world is right!!! These TX guys have no concept of reality. Again, off the top of my head:

Rashan Gary 31 miles from Scotch Plains NJ to PC

Minkah Fitzpatrick 32 miles from Old Bridge NJ to SPP

Each of these current NFL players CHOSE to commute to the private high schools they attended. TX fans need to realize that not every kid in America grows up wanting to play for his crappy local HSFB team. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pied said:

LOL - can’t read that we commute 30 miles. Where’s the concept of reality or literacy?

Also, showing your sketchy math skills again. 31 and 32 are not NEAR 60. 

Just making the point that it's normal for students to travel near and far to attend their desired private high schools.

PS...in states like CA and NY, it can take up to two hours to travel 30 miles. So it's also about time not so much miles. 

I live 20 miles from NYC. My commute takes 90 minutes each way. 

1 minute ago, pied said:

I’m aware. We bank on 45 minutes but know it can be more at peak times. 

You were making the point that all elite football programs in the country have players from 60 miles away. I do not think that is accurate nor have you shown it to be yet. 

I proved to you it happens in my region. And if it happens here, it's happening everywhere, especially in more rural areas. 

When I went to MD, Santa Margarita and JSerra did not exist and there were lots of kids from south Orange Country that went to MD. It took them well over an hour to get to school every day. There were also kids from LA, Riverside, San Bernardino counties that had a hellish commute every day. And these were mostly just regular students who wanted to get their diploma from MD. It took me 30 min to get to MD every day. My point is that, especially in Cali, it is very common for kids (and not just athletes) to have long commutes to high school.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

When I went to MD, Santa Margarita and JSerra did not exist and there were lots of kids from south Orange Country that went to MD. It took them well over an hour to get to school every day. There were also kids from LA, Riverside, San Bernardino counties that had a hellish commute every day. And these were mostly just regular students who wanted to get their diploma from MD. It took me 30 min to get to MD every day. My point is that, especially in Cali, it is very common for kids (and not just athletes) to have long commutes to high school.

The aforementioned is rare in Texas because the majority go to their local, town high schools. That is until the pending Voucher Bill is passed!! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pied said:

🤷‍♂️

IMG-8855-1.jpg?w=1860

St. John Bosco senior linebacker Kyngstonn Viliamu-Asa revealed his commitment to Notre Dame on Sunday, July 23, 2023 at his family’s home in Cerritos, California. Viliamu-Asa selected Notre Dame over USC and Ohio State. (John W. Davis, Press-Telegram/SCNG)

LOLOL Cerritos is 5 miles from SJB!