2024 OOS Games Needed by Region

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's not a rule. That's the mandate that came down from the AD re OOS games next season. 

So then the AD instituted his own rule so to speak. I couldn’t imagine working for an AD like that.

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

So then the AD instituted his own rule so to speak. I couldn’t imagine working for an AD like that.

Exactly. If the players, parents and coaches fund raise the money then what’s the issue? I get if they wanted to use athletic funds but why the North Korea style dictatorship? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Exactly. If the players, parents and coaches fund raise the money then what’s the issue? I get if they wanted to use athletic funds but why the North Korea style dictatorship? 

The leaders of the school are only allowing them to travel to OOS games by bus. And only one overnight is permitted. 

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I’m confused. Who couldn’t come up with funding? Are you saying Cen10 would have needed to fund SFA’s travel?

Yes, the host team is always expected to offer a fair and resonable travel stipend. IMG is the ONLY team in America that does not require a stipend to travel. 

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not Cen10 as they couldn't come up with adequate funding. 

1. Public school problems lol 

2. I think they could've got enough money for SFA but they wouldn't make much off in terms of ticket sales compared to playing a Cali/West Coast team. 

@Bodysurf

Edited by CaliFB

5 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

2. I think they could've got enough money for SFA but they wouldn't make much off in terms of ticket sales compared to playing a Cali/West Coast team. 

@Bodysurf

I always recommend increasing the ticket prices for homes games vs elite OOS competition. When that isn't done, these game are almost impossible to take place. 

Plus, I wasn't able to contribute any Flo funding because of the CIF Southern Section policies and procedures. If I was able to do such, the game would've been played for sure. 

23 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

@Bodysurf

A lot more fans would be much more interested in and attend a Cen10 game versus somebody like Mission Viejo, DLS, any Trinity team, Los Alamitos, etc. SFA is not a draw except to people like us who live in a bubble and comprise of a tiny fraction of the people that actually attend the games. 

I don't blame Cen10 for not using their budget to pay for an OOS team. 

• Like 1