PA small school no respect

Was looking at some re runs of Friday nights tikes Aliquippa Quips. Home of Darrelle Revis and other. The  high school are classified as a D1 due enrollment but are force to D-4 their record over the pass 10 years 125-11, over last 15yrs 188- 17. Also 4 state Championships. In the state championships games 3 out of 4 years This year they are trying move them up to D-5. That a great football story.

• Like 1

GSB, I don't get you sometime. They beat some of the top catholic school in the state each year and some the best public schools in PA. All I'm saying show them some respect for playing programs that out number them  10 t0 1. on shoestring budget. Everyone cant play a SJP or a MD. But they can play who they can. Now show me another public in PA that come close to their record. To win the number of state championships you don't play bums.

2 hours ago, PDE769 said:

GSB, I don't get you sometime. They beat some of the top catholic school in the state each year and some the best public schools in PA. All I'm saying show them some respect for playing programs that out number them  10 t0 1. on shoestring budget. Everyone cant play a SJP or a MD. But they can play who they can. Now show me another public in PA that come close to their record. To win the number of state championships you don't play bums.

I'll show them some respect when they schedule and defeat a team (in-state or OOS) with a pulse. Last five years SOS don't lie:

So you are saying SJP is the only team with pulse in PA? Can you name a small public school  that play 3 division above where they are suppose to be and have a great winning record. So there state championships mean nothing? 

2 hours ago, PDE769 said:

So you are saying SJP is the only team with pulse in PA? Can you name a small public school  that play 3 division above where they are suppose to be and have a great winning record. So there state championships mean nothing? 

Yes, SJP is the only team in PA with a pulse. Quip is playing up because the programs in their designated class are so bad. It's 100% not about them being any good. SJP would beat them annually by 40+ points. 

Serious question for GSB: What has happened to PA football the past 30-40 yrs?  If memory serves, Central Bucks West et al were frequently in the national Top 25 in the 80s and 90s, Marino and Montana came from PA, etc.  What gives?

3 hours ago, All Dei said:

Serious question for GSB: What has happened to PA football the past 30-40 yrs?  If memory serves, Central Bucks West et al were frequently in the national Top 25 in the 80s and 90s, Marino and Montana came from PA, etc.  What 

3 hours ago, All Dei said:

Serious question for GSB: What has happened to PA football the past 30-40 yrs?  If memory serves, Central Bucks West et al were frequently in the national Top 25 in the 80s and 90s, Marino and Montana came from PA, etc.  What gives?

Let's not forget that was 50-60 years ago: Namath '60, Dorsett '72, Montana '73, Marino '78

My guess is the demise of the steel industry in small towns in and around western PA had something to do with this. Plants closed, people moved out, less kids played football, etc. 

The same goes for blue-collar Ohio in a little lesser way. 

In both instances more and more families moved closer to the major cities for work. If you look at the top teams in PA and OH the large majority of them are city-based:

SJP and Imhotep are located in Downtown Philly; PCC and North Allegheny are in Pittsburgh area

St Ed's, Hoban, TCC, Glenville and Moe are all located in cities (Massillon would be the outlier)

I've asked Jeff Fisher to participate in this thread as he's PA-born and bred. Hoping he joins us soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Let's not forget that was 50-60 years ago: Namath '60, Dorsett '72, Montana '73, Marino '78

My guess is the demise of the steel industry in small towns in and around western PA had something to do with this. Plants closed, people moved out, less kids played football, etc. 

The same goes for blue-collar Ohio in a little lesser way. 

In both instances more and more families moved closer to the major cities for work. If you look at the top teams in PA and OH the large majority of them are city-based:

SJP and Imhotep are located in Downtown Philly; PCC and North Allegheny are in Pittsburgh area

St Ed's, Hoban, TCC, Glenville and Moe are all located in cities (Massillon would be the outlier)

I've asked Jeff Fisher to participate in this thread as he's PA-born and bred. Hoping he joins us soon. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right about the impact of the demise of the Rust Belt.  Makes sense.  PA football was stout 30+ yrs ago. 

• 1 month later...

1st team preseason all American team. Show the Quips some love.   Little old Aliquippa the 2A division team that wins championships 3 out the last 4 years.

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 185
Named the 2023 MaxPreps Pennsylvania Player of the Year after rushing for 2,130 yards and 23 scores.

34 minutes ago, PDE769 said:

1st team preseason all American team. Show the Quips some love.   Little old Aliquippa the 2A division team that wins championships 3 out the last 4 years.

Height: 6-0 | Weight: 185
Named the 2023 MaxPreps Pennsylvania Player of the Year after rushing for 2,130 yards and 23 scores.

He'd rush for 11 yards if the Quips played SJP 😉 

• Haha 1

Darrelle Revis
New York Jets

image.jpeg.0d0c0eca54690912f197935e44055dc9.jpeg

Ty Law
New England Patriots

image.jpeg.1f56a4013ca9fd251ef5fbac4a7fc369.jpeg

Tony Dorsett
Dallas Cowboys

image.jpeg.a8e4d24c0c587ed052a34976642eee6a.jpeg

Tommie Campbell