NationalHSFB.com Preseason Top 25 Rankings

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

NS barely made it, and none of them will start out in our T10. 

As it should be.  I don’t know how many times DV and DS have to get absolutely embarrassed for ppl to realize TX’s best teams are nothing special.   And yet we all know at least a couple pre-season polls will have DV top 5, which is insane. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, All Dei said:

As it should be.  I don’t know how many times DV and DS have to get absolutely embarrassed for ppl to realize TX’s best teams are nothing special.   And yet we all know at least a couple pre-season polls will have DV top 5, which is insane. 

Massey already has both in its Preseason Top 3!! LOL

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2024 at 3:21 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Our Preseason Top 25 Rankings will be unveiled on Monday 7/15. 

CP and Massey are already out

MP will be published one week from today, 7/10

HSFBA next week too! 

@misterfootball

HSFA was suppose to come out with theirs over the weekend. Then said Tuesday, now you're saying next week. 🙄 

CP never cease to amaze with the plethora of Cali teams in their poll. I guess why it's called CALpreps...🤦🏽‍♂️

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Massey already has both in its Preseason Top 3!! LOL

They have 5 Texas teams in the top 10. The #11 and 12 teams are also from the Lone Star State. Embarrassing 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

HSFA was suppose to come out with theirs over the weekend. Then said Tuesday, now you're saying next week. 🙄 

CP never cease to amaze with the plethora of Cali teams in their poll. I guess why it's called CALpreps...🤦🏽‍♂️

Jeff has been under the weather. It'll be published soon. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The algorithm polls (excluding HSFBA) have always been suspect and biased. 

Agreed. Calpreps is biased towards Cali. Whether it’s computer or opinion, they all have inherent bias. It’s impossible to have a real national poll. I like the @misterfootball composite poll the best. 
This is also why the most important thing is a CIF and state championship. If MD wins a mythical national championship that is great, but it’s never a team goal. The goal is win CIF and state for which only the team themselves determine this outcome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2024 at 12:41 PM, Bodysurf said:

Agreed. Calpreps is biased towards Cali. Whether it’s computer or opinion, they all have inherent bias. It’s impossible to have a real national poll. I like the @misterfootball composite poll the best. 
This is also why the most important thing is a CIF and state championship. If MD wins a mythical national championship that is great, but it’s never a team goal. The goal is win CIF and state for which only the team themselves determine this outcome.

A friendly reminder that our Preseason Top Rankings will be published for all to see on this Monday, 7/15!!! #daretobedifferent 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 9:45 PM, All Dei said:

Not last year for DeSoto. They handled DV pretty easily. They were worthy. 

On 7/15/2024 at 6:29 PM, Omaha Vol said:

Not last year for DeSoto. They handled DV pretty easily. They were worthy. 

One TX team handling another TX team doesn’t prove much.  Until one can stay within 21 pts of the big dogs, they don’t deserve Top 10, imo.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2024 at 1:16 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

That's the idea! #daretobedifferent 

I’m curious why BG at #1, particularly since you were the only poll to (rightly) rank them so low in last season’s final rankings.  They lost their starting QB and who did they gain?  Yes, MD did, too, but gained the #1 2026 player in the nation, and are stronger at every position than BG, except maybe OL; and even if that’s the case, MD’s OL is not behind by much.  

Just curious as to your rationale.  Thanks. 

20 minutes ago, All Dei said:

I’m curious why BG at #1, particularly since you were the only poll to (rightly) rank them so low in last season’s final rankings.  They lost their starting QB and who did they gain?  Yes, MD did, too, but gained the #1 2026 player in the nation, and are stronger at every position than BG, except maybe OL; and even if that’s the case, MD’s OL is not behind by much.  

Just curious as to your rationale.  Thanks. 

vibes