NationalHSFB.com Preseason Top 25 Rankings

2 hours ago, All Dei said:

I’m curious why BG at #1, particularly since you were the only poll to (rightly) rank them so low in last season’s final rankings.  They lost their starting QB and who did they gain?  Yes, MD did, too, but gained the #1 2026 player in the nation, and are stronger at every position than BG, except maybe OL; and even if that’s the case, MD’s OL is not behind by much.  

Just curious as to your rationale.  Thanks. 

Too much "new" going on at MD to start the season at #1. New Head Coach, new coaches, new schemes, new teammates, etc. Lots of change. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. We'll know for sure at season's end. 

And remember it's not where you start, but where you finish. If MD goes undefeated this season they'll be everyone's MNC. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Too much "new" going on at MD to start the season at #1. New Head Coach, new coaches, new schemes, new teammates, etc. Lots of change. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. We'll know for sure at season's end. 

And remember it's not where you start, but where you finish. If MD goes undefeated this season they'll be everyone's MNC. 

While there is "new" going on, it no different than what was "new" last year. The majority and key positions return in tact.  So to use "too much new" going on as the deciding factor shouldn't be heavily weighed. It is new for the better, on all accounts so far. Are you not getting any first hand info? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, covercorner said:

While there is "new" going on, it no different than what was "new" last year. The majority and key positions return in tact.  So to use "too much new" going on as the deciding factor shouldn't be heavily weighed. It is new for the better, on all accounts so far. Are you not getting any first hand info? 

Being successful at LBP and St. Anthony doesn’t automatically equate to guaranteed success at MD, especially in Year One. Frank was a Mater Dei Man, which made his inaugural season easier in my opinion. 

On 7/18/2024 at 4:12 PM, All Dei said:

One TX team handling another TX team doesn’t prove much.  Until one can stay within 21 pts of the big dogs, they don’t deserve Top 10, imo.  

If it's the #1 team handling the #2 team it does. DeSoto dominated DV last year. Also, MD would beat all but maybe 5 or 6 teams by 21+ points. That only constitutes a top 7 (which DS was a part of last year). What about the other 3 teams in the top 10? Are they not worthy of a top 10 ranking? I'd like to know the other 9 schools you think would come within 21 of Mater Dei??? Obviously, SJB, BG and IMG are the three I think you would name. Who are the other 6 that should be top 10?   

3 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

If it's the #1 team handling the #2 team it does. DeSoto dominated DV last year. Also, MD would beat all but maybe 5 or 6 teams by 21+ points. That only constitutes a top 7 (which DS was a part of last year). What about the other 3 teams in the top 10? Are they not worthy of a top 10 ranking? I'd like to know the other 9 schools you think would come within 21 of Mater Dei??? Obviously, SJB, BG and IMG are the three I think you would name. Who are the other 6 that should be top 10?   

This season I believe there are 11 teams that could beat both DS and DV if they were to play. 

On 9/14 we'll find out for sure on the FloFootball channel when SFA visits DV! #PGL

I have no problem with one TX team being in the T10 at seasons end, as long as they have at least one quality, oos win under their belts like everyone else ahead of them. 

T25 071524.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Also, MD would beat all but maybe 5 or 6 teams by 21+ points.

There are “5 or 6” TX teams that could stay within 21 of MD?!  What?! 🤣 Teams that have been in TX’s top 2 or 3 have been embarrassed by much more than that the last three times they’ve played the big boys.  MD was up by 42 on DV - at home - AFTER 3!  SFA scored 47 UNANSWERED on DS - at home -after a momentary coverage lapse on the opening kickoff.  IMG cakewalked to a 30+ blowout.  If DV stays within 21 of SFA, maybe - maybe - we can talk, but even that would be against an SFA that pales in comparison to the juggernauts under Biff.  

19 minutes ago, All Dei said:

There are “5 or 6” TX teams that could stay within 21 of MD?!  What?! 🤣 Teams that have been in TX’s top 2 or 3 have been embarrassed by much more than that the last three times they’ve played the big boys.  MD was up by 42 on DV - at home - AFTER 3!  SFA scored 47 UNANSWERED on DS - at home -after a momentary coverage lapse on the opening kickoff.  IMG cakewalked to a 30+ blowout.  If DV stays within 21 of SFA, maybe - maybe - we can talk, but even that would be against an SFA that pales in comparison to the juggernauts under Biff.  

SFA beat DS under the current regime just two seasons ago. If DV gets blown out by SFA or Creeikside competes with DS, TX fans will have no more legs to stand on. Plus SJB is going to devour Eastwood. 

6 hours ago, All Dei said:

There are “5 or 6” TX teams that could stay within 21 of MD?! 

Oh hell no! I think you misunderstood me. There might be only 5 or 6 teams NATIONALLY that could play MD within 21 points. And we were talking about last year. Last year's DeSoto squad was one of those 6 (last year only).  

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This season I believe there are 11 teams that could beat both DS and DV if they were to play. 

On 9/14 we'll find out for sure on the FloFootball channel when SFA visits DV! #PGL

I have no problem with one TX team being in the T10 at seasons end, as long as they have at least one quality, oos win under their belts like everyone else ahead of them. 

This year is a different story. I was referring to last year. Last year DeSoto was a top 5 national team. I know you rate teams higher if they play an OOS opponent, but whether they do or not does not determine how good said team is. Don't get me wrong, I love that a lot more teams are playing other regional powers, but ranking a team based SOLELY on their schedule is not the way to do it. 

I think DV will be more competitive against SFA. I would even venture to say they bet them. SFA is not the juggernaut they once were. Still talented, but not the same as IMG anymore. 

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

This year is a different story. I was referring to last year. Last year DeSoto was a top 5 national team. I know you rate teams higher if they play an OOS opponent, but whether they do or not does not determine how good said team is. Don't get me wrong, I love that a lot more teams are playing other regional powers, but ranking a team based SOLELY on their schedule is not the way to do it. 

I think DV will be more competitive against SFA. I would even venture to say they bet them. SFA is not the juggernaut they once were. Still talented, but not the same as IMG anymore. 

Don't sleep on SFA. Last year after they got healthy they were capable of beating both MD and IMG. In Baltimore, MD did not score an offensive TD until 90 secs left in the game. And SFA missed a FG late in the game, which would've tied IMG at 17 and force OT. 

As I posted earlier Coach Messay thinks 2024 could be the best SFA team EVER. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Don't sleep on SFA. Last year after they got healthy they were capable of beating both MD and IMG. In Baltimore, MD did not score an offensive TD until 90 secs left in the game. And SFA missed a FG late in the game, which would've tied IMG at 17 and force OT. 

As I posted earlier Coach Messay thinks 2024 could be the best SFA team EVER. 

I’m assuming that game is in Texas? Because, heaven forbid, a TX power travel. 🤷🏼‍♂️

17 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Oh hell no! I think you misunderstood me. There might be only 5 or 6 teams NATIONALLY that could play MD within 21 points. And we were talking about last year. Last year's DeSoto squad was one of those 6 (last year only).  

I did misunderstand you.  My bad. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 7:38 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

T25 071524.jpg

lol at Bergen Catholic being ranked so high.  You lose all credibility placing that school above Desoto and DV.  

the truth is BC is just another team that you have falsely ranked!   

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

lol at Bergen Catholic being ranked so high.  You lose all credibility placing that school above Desoto and DV.  

the truth is BC is just another team that you have falsely ranked!   

It's not where you start, but where you finish. Let's see how DV and DS perform first against SFA and Creekside. 

On 8/8/2024 at 10:42 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

It's not where you start, but where you finish. Let's see how DV and DS perform first against SFA and Creekside. 

Didn’t BC get worked by C-M last season?  BC gets pass because they are private!  

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Didn't DV and DS get worked by IMG, MD and SFA? No different. Every team outside the T10 in USA would get blown out by the elites. 

BC game just last year

how many season ago did DV play iMG and MD?   

On 8/8/2024 at 11:42 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

I see DV getting embarrassed by SFA.  They haven’t seen a defense like that since MD, and they managed 3 points. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The SFA HC thinks this squad may be his best ever. 

What about their offense? All the key transfers are mainly on defense. They only return 2-3 on offense. WR Kroger 3 star commit to South Florida and OL Cousar, who's not highly sought after. Sophomore Sabb is new QB..  I can't see the offense being that much of an improvement, especially when it looks like it's gonna be an inexperienced group. Offensively have added a SR 3 star WR and an OL from Canada to offense. Not a whole lot to go on to be speaking about best squad ever. Is he talking "His" best team since he's been HC at SFA? He's been the head coach for what? 2 years. I can't see them being better than those Blake Corum years SFA teams and even few before then.

3 minutes ago, covercorner said:

What about their offense? All the key transfers are mainly on defense. They only return 2-3 on offense. WR Kroger 3 star commit to South Florida and OL Cousar, who's not highly sought after. Sophomore Sabb is new QB..  I can't see the offense being that much of an improvement, especially when it looks like it's gonna be an inexperienced group. Offensively have added a SR 3 star WR and an OL from Canada to offense. Not a whole lot to go on to be speaking about best squad ever. Is he talking "His" best team since he's been HC at SFA? He's been the head coach for what? 2 years. I can't see them being better than those Blake Corum years SFA teams and even few before then.

The best SFA team EVER in his opinion. There are several 4-5* players on the roster that haven't even announced their xfer status yet. Google "Immanuel Iheanacho" for example. 

Excited to watch them vs Pitt CC on 8/24/24. Five SFA games will be broadcast to national audiences on the Flo Football channel this season!