POLL: How Long Until We Have A Televised National HS Football Playoff?

POLL: How Long Until We Have A Televised National HS Football Playoff?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How Long Until We Have A Televised National HS Football Playoff?

• Never
    • Next 5 Years
    • Next 10 Years (By 2034)
    • Next 20 Years (By 2044)
    • Other

Posted (edited)

So, a pretty heated debate in the Texas High School Football Forums, thought I would share with the rest of the country.

With the money that football makes, (NIL, TV & Streaming Revenue), I feel that it's a matter of time before we see a televised\streaming National Playoff, this could definitely happen.

If there was money involved in the winnings, no way school districts wouldn't fund and find way to get their state championship team involved if they were invited for it.

I've done the research, some of these high school football games on in late summer outbeat the bowl games in December with TV ratings....something to think about. I think it will happen sooner than later.

Imagine:

National Prep Playoff:
- 8 Team Tournament (No more regular season bye weeks) determined by a national committee.
- All games played at neutral locations so teams have the least amount of travel.
- Must win a state championship to be eligible.
- Rankings Show Each Week beginning in late October.
- Played 2nd Weekend of December through Christmas Break (both the semis and championship during Christmas Break, student athletes do not miss school, seniors looking to graduate early will not have any second semester conflicts if starting early.)
- Winning Team receives money for their school district and for their respective state high school sports organization from advertisement money.

Would be a ratings bonanza.

spacer.png

Edited by Fletcher Duque

17 minutes ago, Fletcher Duque said:

So, a pretty heated debate in the Texas High School Football Forums, thought I would share with the rest of the country.

With the money that football makes, (NIL, TV & Streaming Revenue), I feel that it's a matter of time before we see a televised\streaming National Playoff, this could definitely happen.

If there was money involved in the winnings, no way school districts wouldn't fund and find way to get their state championship team involved if they were invited for it.

I've done the research, some of these high school football games on in late summer outbeat the bowl games in December with TV ratings....something to think about. I think it will happen sooner than later.

Imagine:

National Prep Playoff:
- 8 Team Tournament (No more regular season bye weeks) determined by a national committee.
- All games played at neutral locations so teams have the least amount of travel.
- Must win a state championship to be eligible.
- Rankings Show Each Week beginning in late October.
- Played 2nd Weekend of December through Christmas Break (both the semis and championship during Christmas Break, student athletes do not miss school, seniors looking to graduate early will not have any second semester conflicts if starting early.)
- Winning Team receives money for their school district and for their respective state high school sports organization from advertisement money.

Would be a ratings bonanza.

spacer.png

I've had recent discussions with the UIL and CIF about this topic. Both refuse to allow their member schools to play post-season games. A Natty is simply not important to them and never will be in my opinion. Without these two states available, it makes no sense to move forward. Plus IMG would need to be included in these playoffs, and many teams are too afraid to play them. 

Posted (edited)

If there is money involved in the winnings, and it was on live television, no way teams wouldn't participate. Also, if a rule was made that only state champions could be involved, would absolutely destroy schools like IMG, which let's be real, that's what most schools\programs would love.

It will start with the rumored Border Bowls that apparently are in heavy discussions with a few areas of the country. 

Edited by Fletcher Duque

11 minutes ago, Fletcher Duque said:

If there is money involved in the winnings. and it was on live television, no way teams wouldn't participate. 

It will start with the rumored Border Bowls that apparently are in heavy discussions with a few areas of the country. 

I worked hand in hand with the Geico Bowl for many years to try to accomplish this. There are no national sponsors out there that care about HSFB. I call-on the Top 250 consumer brands on a daily basis and none of them are interested in such. Without securing hefty travel stipends for all participating teams none of this would be possible, especially if neutral locations (requiring field rental fees) were involved as you propose. 

And welcome to our site. We love posters from Ohio! 

Posted (edited)

Appreciate it!  Actually Chicago \\ Texas \\ Passing through to PA. Great FB States\Locales.

You seem very knowledgeable. Think with NIL and increasing football ratings, we could see High School Football as the next frontier, who knows. Seems like a great board!

Edited by Fletcher Duque

16 minutes ago, Fletcher Duque said:

Appreciate it!  Actually Chicago \\ Texas \\ Passing through to PA. Great FB States\Locales.

You seem very knowledgeable. Think with NIL and increasing football ratings, we could see High School Football as the next frontier, who knows. Seems like a great board!

NIL is very good for HSFB long-term. Visit prepgridironlogistics.com to learn why we're so knowledgeable. Next season may be the best ever in terms of out of state match-ups. Stay well and keep posting.