HSFA 300 Preseason Rankings 7/8/24

13 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

yeah I know but it is still a good game for us. I like the fact we are staying true to our philosophy and not backing down. After being humiliated last year by Chaminade it would be real easy to back off & we didn't. If we start the season 0-2 by losing to 2 top 20 teams then so be it. Our kids learned a lot from last years blowout in Florida as we did in 2017 by getting beat by Mater Dei. Both years we came back and ran the table & won the State. 

IMG is way closer in talent to C-M than Massillon is. I'll be at both games. 

BC no longer has the luxury of scheduling OOS cupcakes. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG is way closer in talent to C-M than Massillon is. I'll be at both games. 

BC no longer has the luxury of scheduling OOS cupcakes. 

Exactly. If we by any chance keep that game to 17 points it’s a win for us. Massillon is the game I would really like to win. 

1 hour ago, MickeyBern said:

yeah I know but it is still a good game for us. I like the fact we are staying true to our philosophy and not backing down. After being humiliated last year by Chaminade it would be real easy to back off & we didn't. If we start the season 0-2 by losing to 2 top 20 teams then so be it. Our kids learned a lot from last years blowout in Florida as we did in 2017 by getting beat by Mater Dei. Both years we came back and ran the table & won the State.

Loved watching in person when you took out Grayson at Buford in 2018.  Grayson was Top 5 and had the #1 player in the country at the time if memory serves.  So much smack and went home with their tails btw their legs.  

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

can't see those refs permitting any OOS team to win there. 

I would love to have MD play there just to see how crazy the calls would get.  And of course it wouldn’t matter.  Shades of MD/SJC in DC in 2019 maybe? 🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, All Dei said:

I would love to have MD play there just to see how crazy the calls would get.  And of course it wouldn’t matter.  Shades of MD/SJC in DC in 2019 maybe? 🤣🤣

Massillon only schedules OOS opponents they believe they can beat. That's the Ohio Way. 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Loved watching in person when you took out Grayson at Buford in 2018.  Grayson was Top 5 and had the #1 player in the country at the time if memory serves.  So much smack and went home with their tails btw their legs.  

27-3 at the end of Q3. Total domination. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2024 at 8:49 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Too Low: Cen10

Too High: Cocoa

Cen10 is NOW... just right where they should be, around 12.  Since they added a few key transfers, with another one possibly on the way .. will see. These are spots they needed helped. Prior to the additions, I would have them at 20-25 to start, to earn they belong. One Top notch QB and Legacy Coach shouldn't be the reasons to get you inside the Top 10. But they're getting close. 

Just now, covercorner said:

Cen10 is NOW... just right where they should be, around 12.  Since they added a few key transfers, with another one possibly on the way .. will see. These are spots they needed helped. Prior to the additions, I would have them at 20-25 to start, to earn they belong. One Top notch QB and Legacy Coach shouldn't be the reasons to get you inside the Top 10. But they're getting close. 

Agree. Gotta beat MD and/or SJB eventually to get to the Promised Land. 

29 minutes ago, All Dei said:

I dunno.  If BC really is Top 10, could get ugly for Massillon.

As a promoter I've sent several teams there over the years. To a T each head coach client called me minutes after their games ended stating that they'll never return due to the egregious officiating. I warned BC not to take this game. I hope I'm wrong, but I just can't see those homer refs permitting an OOS team to win there. 

11 hours ago, covercorner said:

I don't think they should be top 10 either but I could also understand the rationale. Best qb in the state 10 FBS players level players. At the end of the day preseason polls are really about what you are returning and they are returning a lot of talent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliFB said:

I don't think they should be top 10 either but I could also understand the rationale. Best qb in the state 10 FBS players level players. At the end of the day preseason polls are really about what you are returning and they are returning a lot of talent. 

They'll be starting at #8 in our Preseason poll. 

On 7/10/2024 at 9:21 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

They'll be starting at #8 in our Preseason poll. 

Which tells me its a weaker than usual crop for national teams past 10..for Cen10 to be inside 10.  And whats MaxPreps doing putting OLU at #24?? a 5-6 team who returns basically the same team, which lacks playmakers and top notch skills. They saw the 10 + guys with offers and figured they belong. Only 3 of the those guys with offers are elite or neat top notch the rest are on the lower end. C'mon MP do your homework - watch film/games -  They should be about 40-50 to start and that may be generous.

2 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Which tells me its a weaker than usual crop for national teams past 10..for Cen10 to be inside 10.  And whats MaxPreps doing putting OLU at #24?? a 5-6 team who returns basically the same team, which lacks playmakers and top notch skills. They saw the 10 + guys with offers and figured they belong. Only 3 of the those guys with offers are elite or neat top notch the rest are on the lower end. C'mon MP do your homework - watch film/games -  They should be about 40-50 to start and that may be generous.

The results of the MD game will tell us exactly what we need to know. It's not where you start, but where you finish. 

On 7/11/2024 at 9:35 PM, covercorner said:

Because MP usually follows suit with Calpreps. 

On 7/8/2024 at 11:37 AM, All Dei said:

Also too high: DS and DV.  Need to actually be competitive with one of the heavies before getting Top 10 consideration. 

Not if DeSoto has everybody coming back. They were definitely worthy of a top 10 ranking last year. They destroyed DV. 

• Like 1