MaxPreps Preseason Rankings

Preseason rankings were supposed to be released yesterday. It was so HUGE that it brought down the website 😂 
The brief video is there with the top 5 teams and full rankings are supposedly going to be released today if they can get the site fixed. 

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Preseason rankings were supposed to be released yesterday. It was so HUGE that it brought down the website 😂 
The brief video is there with the top 5 teams and full rankings are supposedly going to be released today if they can get the site fixed. 

MaxPreps rankings are horrendous until at least mid season 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Too High: DS, Milton, DV, NS, Carrollton

Too Low: C-M, STA, SJP

I wouldn’t wanna be a green BG QB 2,500 mi away at STA in week 2.  Could get interesting.  Gonna give MD all the film they need to put a serious hurtin on those boys. 

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If I were you, I'd be more worried about the refs in Kahuku!

You got that right! 🤣  Can’t win if they can’t score, though, and Henry and Bowman will eat those little DBs alive. 

8 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Nice to see Folsom back in the mix. They are loaded this year. Enjoy the show Sammy!

Agreed!  Would’ve liked to have seen a more aggressive non-league schedule, though, especially if they’re gonna be representing the north in the Open. 😬

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Agreed!  Would’ve liked to have seen a more aggressive non-league schedule, though, especially if they’re gonna be representing the north in the Open. 😬

LBP is no chump. But yeah if they can get passed that game they are open favorites from up north. I never sleep on DLS though…

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

LBP is no chump. But yeah if they can get passed that game they are open favorites from up north. I never sleep on DLS though…

LBP is a step down from DLS (which has been a regular pre-league game recently, correct?) and Turlock?  Turlock?  If you’re national Top 25, that’s embarrassing. Gotta do better.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, All Dei said:

LBP is a step down from DLS (which has been a regular pre-league game recently, correct?) and Turlock?  Turlock?  If you’re national Top 25, that’s embarrassing. Gotta do better.  

They're not national T25 in reality. Regional bias from CP and MP. 

1 hour ago, All Dei said:

I don’t think LBP is a step down from DLS, at least not recently. I believe DLS/Folsom both wanted a break from playing each other. They could still play in the playoffs as well. LBP v Folsom is going to be a good game between two of the best publics in the state. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I don’t think LBP is a step down from DLS, at least not recently. I believe DLS/Folsom both wanted a break from playing each other. They could still play in the playoffs as well. LBP v Folsom is going to be a good game between two of the best publics in the state. 

Agreed that LBP should still be fun, but they will need all the help they can get, and traveling 350 miles isn’t going to help.  But yes, it is a positive that Folsom is reaching out to SoCal.  Would’ve been great to get a Trinity opponent or MV/Cen10 instead of Turlock, but yeah, this is a positive.  

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They're not national T25 in reality. Regional bias from CP and MP. 

Perhaps, but as you wrote below, it’s good to have them in the conversation nationally.  I’m guessing Folsom should beat up on Serra pretty good as the latter’s best players all graduated, if memory serves…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All Dei said:

Perhaps, but as you wrote below, it’s good to have them in the conversation nationally.  I’m guessing Folsom should beat up on Serra pretty good as the latter’s best players all graduated, if memory serves…

I yearn for those days when a third TL team was relevant. (Sigh) 

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I yearn for those days when a third TL team was relevant. (Sigh) 

I presume you’re referring to 2021, but if three TL teams in the top FIVE nationally equals relevant, don’t hold your breath. 😉 In the meantime, OLu looks like they’re pretty relevant in my book.  Like Folsom, doubtful they’re really T25, but still better than any other TL third place team the past two seasons.  

And did I mention that three TL teams were in the top 5 nationally the same year?  I hope everyone realizes how nuts that is.  

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I meant across all nine polls like Servite was that one season. 

You have to be ranked in all 9 polls to be relevant? I don’t see it that way. That diminishes many good football teams. What one considers ‘relevant’ is relative.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...