#3 IMG 34 at #20 Corner Canyon 35 Final

23 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Gotta get IMG week 1. Just like Miami Central did. 

AHP beat them in a kickoff classic one year. 

Gotta get them as early as possible 

I LOVE that publics are showing that they can compete with any Power Private in America. CC and Cen10 tonight. Kahuku last season. MC in 2022. Love this game!! 

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to #3 IMG 34 at #20 Corner Canyon 35 Final
6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Looks like IMG gets the boot for the MNC a week before September 

It's because IMG isn't as good as people think they are 

Been saying it for years, they are beatable because they are just a bunch of paid mercenaries but not a real team, I've watched my school beat them in two different sports. People buy into the hype and fear them but they aren't some team that should be feared they are just another high school with more star power than most but that doesn't always mean better

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Been saying it for years, they are beatable because they are just a bunch of paid mercenaries but not a real team, I've watched my school beat them in two different sports. People buy into the hype and fear them but they aren't some team that should be feared they are just another high school with more star power than most but that doesn't always mean better

I totally agree. It sickeneds me that they always get put up high in the rankings to start the season because of the name, and not what they do on the field. They should have to earn their spot as well as others. But I'm not going to go on about that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Softballguy said:

If that's the case teams have to start scheduling them more to prove your point. If not, they'll always be ranked high because of what they look like on paper. Teams need to grow some cajones and stop fearing them. I'm talking to you, CIF!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

And since they can't play for a state ship..........they are truly just another Florida team.

They are just a sports Academy located in Florida. They are not a Florida team by any stretch. Never was. They are just a training Academy That’s based in Bradenton. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If that's the case teams have to start scheduling them more to prove your point. If not, they'll always be ranked high because of what they look like on paper. Teams need to grow some cajones and stop fearing them. 

As this result just shows and as LSU Tennessee Texas A&M among others prove every year 

On paper doesn't matter that much when helmets collide and the toughest rise to the top 

Idk why teams are afraid of IMG. Maybe these other teams buy too much into the hype by the media but anyone who's actually had to face them should see they aren't as tough as people claim they are and nobody should be afraid of them 

I just saw yesterday they will have a softball program and I'll schedule them the first year I'm a head coach at a high school without hesitation if IMG will play at that point 

Mark it down and get ready because I'll personally call you to make that game happen 

41 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They can play for a State Chip. They choose not to. 

Well they would be under different guidelines with how they operate if they did 

Normal high schools can't actively recruit like IMG so they wouldn't be able to get the same players as they get now but being an independent gives them more freedom to actively recruit talent 

2 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Well they would be under different guidelines with how they operate if they did 

Normal high schools can't actively recruit like IMG so they wouldn't be able to get the same players as they get now but being an independent gives them more freedom to actively recruit talent 

IMG is treated no different than any other football program in FL. 

IMG.jpg

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG is treated no different than any other football program in FL. 

IMG.jpg

Well considering who are running the FHSAA now it's entirely possible they allow exceptions for IMG to openly recruit and still compete for titles even though they would penalize any other school but I'm going by what was always their stance in the past 

But the leadership continually changing could always change the rules for some while staying the same for others 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Softballguy said:

Well considering who are running the FHSAA now it's entirely possible they allow exceptions for IMG to openly recruit and still compete for titles even though they would penalize any other school but I'm going by what was always their stance in the past 

But the leadership continually changing could always change the rules for some while staying the same for others 

IMG chooses not to participate in the state playoffs because they field multiple teams. It wouldn't be fair that the National team made the FL playoffs annually, while the White and Blue never did. Remember, those families with boys on the White and Blue teams are paying $70k+/year in tuition.