Santa Margarita 31 at #11 Centennial CA 15 Final

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gotta earn it in our rankings! 

Nobody earned their preseason ranking! How do teams that play no games earn anything? That is the flaw with preseason rankings. It’s highly biased and built on assumptions from the past. 

43 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SOS is our top criteria. 

Agreed for in-season rankings. 

I’m talking about preseason rankings. Nobody has earned anything. Going into the season every team has the identical SOS. 😉You did not have Mission ranked preseason based on an opinion since there was no data. 

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed for in-season rankings. 

I’m talking about preseason rankings. Nobody has earned anything. Going into the season every team has the identical SOS. 😉You did not have Mission ranked preseason based on an opinion since there was no data. 

Scheduling top teams is important to us. What relevant OOS teams is MV playing this season? 

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Scheduling top teams is important to us. What OOS teams is MV playing this season? 

Doesn’t matter where a team is geographically located. 100% agree that scheduling top teams is important. Mission will play plenty of ranked Cali teams. Mission has 2 OOS games this season. But so what. Santa Margarita is a better win than 99.9% of OOS teams. Crossing a state line doesn’t equal a quality win. Mission will have plenty of opportunities to prove themselves against teams in the playoffs.

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter where a team is geographically located. 100% agree that scheduling top teams is important. Mission will play plenty of ranked Cali teams. Mission has 2 OOS games this season. But so what. Santa Margarita is a better win than 99.9% of OOS teams. Crossing a state line doesn’t equal a quality win. Mission will have plenty of opportunities to prove themselves against teams in the playoffs.

It will always be our opinion that to be a nationally ranked (T25) program, you need to play a national schedule. Aka schedule at least one, relevant OOS opponent. And that’ll never change. 

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It will always be our opinion that to be a nationally ranked (T25) program, you need to play a national schedule. Aka schedule at least one OOS opponent. And that’ll never change. 

Mission has scheduled 2 OOS opponents. 

37 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I think he missed this sentence in your statement.  So, I bolded it up for him .

• Like 1

I think with last nights results and who is still on the schedule it's not out of question for them to not even make D1 playoffs. According the Calpreps they are 9th. That would put them on the outside looking in currently. 

Is Bosco’s win yesterday good because they played an OOS team? They would have been better off playing a local team with a pulse.

Any win over TX is a good win. And name another Cali-based team that would've scheduled SJB yesterday. I'll wait.

This game was scheduled yesterday because we couldn't find any other Cali teams willing to play SJB.