Creekside GA 0 at #14 DeSoto TX 70 Final

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No they shouldn't. They crave to play the best. Why shouldn't they be given that oppty? 

It depends on how the opportunity is presented. Is it incumbent on the coach to do all of the due diligence concerning their opponents? How far does “leave the details to us” go? Does the promoter level with coaches about the reality of the school he's trying to convince them to play? Is there any hint given as to what type of team and how that team is put together that they are being pimped to play? And their ability to match up. Or are teams not as informed about their opponent and how they match up? Is there a warning, a caveat? If some of these state associations get the drift the promoter has an agenda to collect public school scalps, and continue to match overmatched teams he will find himself on the outside looking in. And client schools being hard-timed by their respective associations. 

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

TX cheers and hollers when they overwelm inferior teams like Rockledge FL and Creekside GA.

Yet, when they get buried by the likes of IMG, MD, SJB and SFA they complain about recruiting. 

Next test: SFA at DV on 9/14

Who was cheering and hollering beating garbage like Creekside and Rockledge?

Hell Creekside should be playing Rockledge 

4 hours ago, JCGIII said:

It depends on how the opportunity is presented. Is it incumbent on the coach to do all of the due diligence concerning their opponents? How far does “leave the details to us” go? Does the promoter level with coaches about the reality of the school he's trying to convince them to play? Is there any hint given as to what type of team and how that team is put together that they are being pimped to play? And their ability to match up. Or are teams not as informed about their opponent and how they match up? Is there a warning, a caveat? If some of these state associations get the drift the promoter has an agenda to collect public school scalps, and continue to match overmatched teams he will find himself on the outside looking in. And client schools being hard-timed by their respective associations. 

The Eastwood HC reached out to Coach Negro directly. He and his players wanted to experience playing one of the nation's best teams. Nobody on that team probably visits the Los Angeles area in their lives if it isn't for this trip. None of us involved had the right to refuse his advances. Coaching is not always about winning and losing. Perpetuating and creating lifelong memories is also part of a leader's responsibility. 

13 hours ago, Texasball said:

70-0 Desoto

@GSB how is that for score comparison with MD?  You was waiting to compare!!!!

It’s impossible to compare when the opponent is so thoroughly overmatched and doesn’t belong on the same field. Last season’s MD/Creekside and this game tell us nothing meaningful about either team.

14 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It’s impossible to compare when the opponent is so thoroughly overmatched and doesn’t belong on the same field. Last season’s MD/Creekside and this game tell us nothing meaningful about either team.

Kudos to Creekside for chomping at the bit to play America's best teams on an annual basis. Excited for who they want to challenge themselves against in 2025!! Nobody on Earth is in a position to thwart or negate these efforts. Especially when teams like MD, SJB and DS can't find local teams to schedule them. In the end, everyone wins in these scenarios! 

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Kudos to Creekside for chomping at the bit to play America's best teams on an annual basis. Excited for who they want to challenge themselves against in 2025!! Nobody on Earth is in a position to thwart or negate these efforts. Especially when teams like MD, SJB and DS can't find local teams to schedule them. In the end, everyone wins in these scenarios! 

Yes, kudos to Creekside for their willingness to be a punching bag. I wish other teams had half the balls they had. It was a ‘win’ for MD that they got to play a game rather than having a 9-game season like this year. Can’t say I am excited to see Creekside play a national power again. I’d be more excited if a top Georgia team played MD or DeSoto.

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Yes, kudos to Creekside for their willingness to be a punching bag. I wish other teams had half the balls they had. It was a ‘win’ for MD that they got to play a game rather than having a 9-game season like this year. Can’t say I am excited to see Creekside play a national power again. I’d be more excited if a top Georgia team played MD or DeSoto.

Milton is our ONLY hope in 2025. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Suicide bombers are brave but stupid all at the same time!

• GardenStateBaller changed the title to Creekside GA 0 at #14 DeSoto TX 70 Final
5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No different than in the college game. Did you take a gander at who Oklahoma, Auburn, Bama, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Tenn, and Texas scheduled this week? 

Those college teams are willing to take a beating because they get a large paycheck that helps keep their program afloat. But those are terrible games that I hate watching.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We all would. Remember, DV chose Rockledge FL over MC last season. For more money. HSFb scheduling ain't that easy. 

I’ll help you out. Don’t give DV, SJB, or whoever is national top 25 the contact info for teams like Rockledge, Creekside and Eastwood. 

You don’t gotta just help facilitate a wasted blowout just to fill the schedule. Tell the inferior team no thank you. You are in the business of creating competitive even games that will look good on TV. 

#YourWelcome

• Like 1

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I’ll help you out. Don’t give DV, SJB, or whoever is national top 25 the contact info for teams like Rockledge, Creekside and Eastwood. 

You don’t gotta just help facilitate a wasted blowout just to fill the schedule. Tell the inferior team no thank you. You are in the business of creating competitive even games that will look good on TV. 

#YourWelcome

Then they won't schedule ANY OOS games. And we can't have that! 

• Haha 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

And my clients get large travel stipends. For example, Creekside got $25k from MD last season. 

Your telling me you post to 1,000 teams all around the country they can get $25K to play Mater Dei and Creekside was the BEST team to agree? 

• Like 1