#12 Bergen Catholic NJ 35 at #13 Massillon OH 21 Final

22 minutes ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

He had SFA at #4 on Aug 31.  So OLU has the best win.   He's making BC's loss to IMG more important than OLU beating his #4 team.   

IMG beat BC

IMG lost to Corner canyon 

Corner Canyou lost to something something Utah school 

SOS matters in the real world. 

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

For the umteenth time SOS will always be our top priority:

BC 74.8

OLu 56.1 

Hey, I appreciate your work and perspective, but no way in hell BC has a better SOS than OLu.  No way in hell.  And it’s not even close. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, All Dei said:

Hey, I appreciate your work and perspective, but no way in hell BC has a better SOS than OLu.  No way in hell.  And it’s not even close. 

Wait, my bad.  You’re referring to SOS so far.  SFA is still far better than any BC win, though….

1 hour ago, All Dei said:

Wait, my bad.  You’re referring to SOS so far.  SFA is still far better than any BC win, though….

And by the end of season OLu’s SOS will surpass BC because they play Gorman next week plus they have the Trinity gauntlet and playoffs. The SOS comparison won’t actually be close.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sammy Swordsman said:

FIFY

Out of envy I don’t like the hype train that puts BC top 5 any year, and them in the top 10 gets me agitated.  But top 20 they clearly are in contention for most yrs.  There are some teams that they just have their numbers.  Now teams that are decently coached and have top-level speed historically have given NJ teams problems, except for Toal-coached Bosco teams.  But BC most yrs will beat a handful of teams throughout the top 25.  I hate to say it buts it’s true.  

Edited by Testadura
Typos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

Out of envy I don’t like the hype train that puts BC top 5 any year, and them in the top 10 gets me agitated.  But top 20 they clearly are in contention for most yrs.  There are some teams that they just have their numbers.  Now teams that are decently coached and have top-level speed historically have given NJ teams problems, except for Toal-coached Bosco teams.  But BC most yrs will beat a handful of teams throughout the top 25.  I hate to say it buts it’s true.  

Well Test I agree with your reasoning on the Top 10 from a talent perspective. We have seen the gap between the Top 8 and the rest and Bergen is no different (C-M last year proved it) but I kind of think right now you could put BC anywhere from 10 to 20 and I would be comfortable. This is a very talented team especially on the defensive side of the ball. It is unfortunate that it doesn't have much competition for the rest of the season save DBP & SJR.  

• Like 1

On 9/8/2024 at 11:59 AM, MickeyBern said:

Well Test I agree with your reasoning on the Top 10 from a talent perspective. We have seen the gap between the Top 8 and the rest and Bergen is no different (C-M last year proved it) but I kind of think right now you could put BC anywhere from 10 to 20 and I would be comfortable. This is a very talented team especially on the defensive side of the ball. It is unfortunate that it doesn't have much competition for the rest of the season save DBP & SJR.  

BC has easily been top 20, sometimes top 15, once in a while top 10 for the past 10-12 yrs.  They’ve had huge wins.  And they hang tough against some excellent teams.  They’ve pulled away from Joes.  Maybe DePaul will challenge a bit.  I see them rolling over Bosco.  

32 minutes ago, Testadura said:

BC has easily been top 20, sometimes top 15, once in a while top 10 for the past 10-12 yrs.  They’ve had huge wins.  And they hang tough against some excellent teams.  They’ve pulled away from Joes.  Maybe DePaul will challenge a bit.  I see them rolling over Bosco.  

Well they don’t play DePaul this year and I do agree that they should handle Bosco easily. I believe SJR is their only competition for the Championship.