St Frances Academy News

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Question....if SJB had a 5th yeur player, would MD allow it to happen? If MD had a 20 year old on the roster, would SJB allow him to play. The answer to both is a resounding NO! Same here. If these rumors were true the player's former team, coach, AD, etc would all be raising hell to prevent the kid from participating. 

I can tell you with 100% accuracy and certainty that every baller on SFAs roster is age appropriate and none of them are playing a 5th year of HSFB. The hate is real when you make it to the top. 

MD has no say what Bosco does, and vice versa. MD does not police Bosco. If either school had a 5th year player or a 20-year old on the roster, the CIF would come down on them hard. I guarantee you that if this was ever verified by the CIF, every game that the illegal player participated would be forfeited.

One again your last statement is missing the point. Nobody ever alleged that the SFA players are older than the permitted age, nor has anybody ever said that a player is playing a 5th season. We understand that. The point is that SFA has players on their roster that are playing beyond the 4th year of their initial enrollment in the 9th grade. It makes no difference how many previous years they actually played football. There are plenty of schools that are post-graduate. SFA should be classified as such if they have kids that are playing beyond 4 years from initial 9th grade enrollment.

I am not hating on SFA. I am just trying to understand things. I personally would love to see MD play them next year.

Edited by Bodysurf

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MD has no say what Bosco does, and vice versa. MD does not police Bosco either. If either school had a 5th year player or a 20-year old on the roster, the CIF would come down on them hard. I guarantee you that if this was ever verified by the CIF, every game that the illegal player participated would be forfeited.

One again your last statement is missing the point. Nobody ever alleged that the SFA players are older than the permitted age, nor has anybody ever said that a player is playing a 5th season. We understand that. The point is that SFA has players on their roster that are playing beyond the 4th year of their initial enrollment in the 9th grade. It makes no difference how many previous years they actually played football. There are plenty of schools that are post-graduate. SFA should be classified as such if they have kids that are playing beyond 4 years from initial 9th grade enrollment.

I am not hating on SFA. I am just trying to understand things. I personally would love to see MD play them next year.

All of you are getting your info from inferior, substandard, out of state sources without any direct, accurate knowledge of the program, admin, team or its players. I agree with you that no hsfb baller on Earth should be allowed to play 5 years of HSFB. I also agree that no hsfb baller on Earth that turns 19 before Sep 1 of his senior season should be allowed to play HSFB at a non prep school. 

I can assue anyone that will listen that NONE of the above is happening at SFA. And anyone that spreads falsities in this respect about SFA or any team for that matter will have the content scrubbed immediately to prevent such misinformation from spreading.  

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

All of you are getting your info from inferior, substandard, out of state sources without any direct, accurate knowledge of the program, admin, team or its players. I agree with you that no hsfb baller on Earth should be allowed to play 5 years of HSFB. I also agree that no hsfb baller on Earth that turns 19 before Sep 1 of his senior season should be allowed to play HSFB at a non prep school. 

I can assue anyone that will listen that NONE of the above is happening at SFA. And anyone that spreads falsities in this respect about SFA or any team for that matter will have the content scrubbed immediately to prevent such misinformation from spreading.  

People are getting this information from the players directly. Straight from the horse's mouth! Are you saying that a player's bio or a team's official published roster from a previous season at a different school is an inferior source? People are saying that SFA has 5th players simply because the players themselves have confirmed it via documented biographical information. Unless the player lied previously about himself, it is an irrefutable fact that he is playing beyond the 4th year of enrollment in 9th grade.

Durell Robinson was a class of 2022 player at a different school. https://www.hudl.com/profile/13737570/Durell-Robinson  This appears to be a pretty good source.  Perhaps there are two Durell Robinsons? 😂 

There are supposedly other players but I am not going to take the time to post them here. All it takes is one player.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

People are getting this information from the players directly. Straight from the horse's mouth! Are you saying that a player's bio or a team's official published roster from a previous season at a different school is an inferior source? People are saying that SFA has 5th players simply because the players themselves have confirmed it via documented biographical information. Unless the player lied previously about himself, it is an irrefutable fact that he is playing beyond the 4th year of enrollment in 9th grade.

Durell Robinson was a class of 2022 player at a different school. https://www.hudl.com/profile/13737570/Durell-Robinson  This appears to be a pretty good source.  Perhaps there are two Durell Robinsons? 😂 

There are supposedly other players but I am not going to take the time to post them here. All it takes is one player.

You don't truly know the circumstances behind the lives of any of HSFB player in America let alone those at SFA. If they weren't 100% eligible, they wouldn't be playing. Being an Internet Cop/Private Investigator doesn't make your allegations tried and true. Far from it. 

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You don't truly know the circumstances behind the lives of any of HSFB player in America let alone those at SFA. If they weren't 100% eligible, they wouldn't be playing. Being an Internet Cop/Private Investigator doesn't make your allegations tried and true. Far from it. 

Everything you said here I agree 100%. I know nothing about the kid. I am not alleging anything. I am stating information that is publicly available. It does not take a private investigator to do that.

Question: Is it true or not that Durell Robinson was a class of 2022 player at Bishop McNamara? 

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Everything you said here I agree 100%. I know nothing about the kid. I am not alleging anything. I am stating information that is publicly available. It does not take a private investigator to do that.

Question: Is it true or not that Durell Robinson was a class of 2022 player at Bishop McNamara? 

I’ve never met the kid or his family. Nor do I know his past history. What I do know from the highest levels at SFA is that every kid on the roster is age-appropriate and none of them are playing their 5th year of HSFB. Not all elite teams break rules like many assume. 

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ve never met the kid or his family. Nor do I know his past history. What I do know from the highest levels at SFA is that every kid on the roster is age-appropriate and none of them are playing their 5th year of HSFB. Not all elite teams break rules like many assume. 

So you think the highest levels at SFA would admit to you if any kids weren’t age appropriate or a 5th year Sr? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Okay. This will be my last post on this. I will say for the last time. Nobody is saying anything about the age of the players, but you keep bringing age up. We also understand that players lost a season of play because of covid and this is not their 5th year playing HSFB. We understand and agree with you about this!

The only thing we are questioning is that MIAA guidelines are explicitly clear that players are eligible to play for only 4 years after their 9th grade enrollment. Some players at SFA are currently playing beyond this 4 year window, and their own personal public profiles confirm this. How many years they actually played HSFB does not matter.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Okay. This will be my last post on this. I will say for the last time. Nobody is saying anything about the age of the players, but you keep bringing age up. We also understand that players lost a season of play because of covid and this is not their 5th year playing HSFB. We understand and agree with you about this!

The only thing we are questioning is that MIAA guidelines are explicitly clear that players are eligible to play for only 4 years after their 9th grade enrollment. Some players at SFA are currently playing beyond this 4 year window, and their own personal public profiles confirm this. How many years they actually played HSFB does not matter.

15 and 16-year olds make mistakes. Many of them want to appear older than they actually are, especially if it can assist in the recruiting process. Hell, I got my first fake ID at 16! 

22 minutes ago, 1Since71 said:

Only if they don’t reclassify 😂

It’s America. Land of the free. Any big time, high profile baller has been held back at one point in their life. It’s perfectly legal across America as long as they don’t turn 19 before 9/1 (or about depending on the state) of their senior season. 

Be careful where you’re getting your info from. Many of those parties are surrounded by addicts and illegitimate children that couldn’t make it at power privates or in the real world. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s America. Land of the free. Any big time, high profile baller has been held back at one point in their life. It’s perfectly legal across America as long as they don’t turn 19 before 9/1 (or about depending on the state) of their senior season. 

Be careful where you’re getting your info from. Many of those parties are surrounded by addicts and illegitimate children that couldn’t make it at power privates or in the real world. 

Not so fast @GardenStateBaller  let me give you some education.

In California - they allow kids who turn 19 after June 15th to play.   "CIF bylaw 203

In Texas if you turn 19 prior to Sept 1 you would not be eligible

Normal is you do not turn 19 until you are freshmen in college!

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Not so fast @GardenStateBaller  let me give you some education.

In California - they allow kids who turn 19 after June 15th to play.   "CIF bylaw 203

In Texas if you turn 19 prior to Sept 1 you would not be eligible

Normal is you do not turn 19 until you are freshmen in college!

Yes, those dates vary by state as I indicated. A reminder that what’s normal in TX doesn’t make it normal everywhere else!