St Frances Academy News

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Does SFA get their first win this week against West? I know most fans across the country are relishing in SFA being 0-4. I’m not. It sucks for my team as the game against SFA has lost all the luster. Nobody would have ever guessed they would be flying across the country to play a team that will have 4, or maybe 5, loses.
I’m interested to hear what people really familiar with the team think. @Bmore410

Yes, they played a hard schedule and had some players injured. But there is more to it than that IMO. They look lost.  I’ve watched 3 of their games and they just are not well prepared. Their offensive scheme is Pop Warner level. And guys that were suppose to be studs are just not performing. 

What the hell happened? 🤷‍♂️ Are we seeing the beginning of the end of the SFA juggernaut that Biff built? Winning begets winning, but losing causes turmoil and players will jump ship. 

15 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Does SFA get their first win this week against West? I know most fans across the country are relishing in SFA being 0-4. I’m not. It sucks for my team as the game against SFA has lost all the luster. Nobody would have ever guessed they would be flying across the country to play a team that will have 4, or maybe 5, loses.
I’m interested to hear what people really familiar with the team think. @Bmore410

Yes, they played a hard schedule and had some players injured. But there is more to it than that IMO. They look lost.  I’ve watched 3 of their games and they just are not well prepared. Their offensive scheme is Pop Warner level. And guys that were suppose to be studs are just not performing. 

What the hell happened? 🤷‍♂️ Are we seeing the beginning of the end of the SFA juggernaut that Biff built? Winning begets winning, but losing causes turmoil and players will jump ship. 

7 starters are out for the year (4 OL, 4* RB and 2 high-profile 4* DLs) since Week 1. SFA is Baltimore's Team. So many in city politics and finance are behind them. If anything, those supporters will ratchet up their commitments for the long haul to guarentee long-term success. On a positive note the teams best players are underclassmen. The fact that they already have MD on the schedule next season will be a selling point to any and all future xfers. 

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

7 starters are out for the year (4 OL, 4* RB and 2 high-profile 4* DLs) since Week 1. SFA is Baltimore's Team. So many in city politics and finance are behind them. If anything, those supporters will ratchet up their commitments for the long haul to guarentee long-term success. On a positive note the teams best players are underclassmen. The fact that they already have MD on the schedule next season will be a selling point to any and all future xfers. 

Is SFA really Baltimore’s team? I was under the impression that they were viewed more with disdain because of how Biff built the program. But I understand why city officials would be behind them due to the various political and social issues, which I think is a good thing. 

12 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Is SFA really Baltimore’s team? I was under the impression that they were viewed more with disdain because of how Biff built the program. But I understand why city officials would be behind them due to the various political and social issues, which I think is a good thing. 

It's Founder, Mother Mary Lange, opened the school in 1828 to educate Catholic, female slaves. For this, it'll always be Baltimore's Team. Only their league (MIAA) is against them, which has helped them to this point in more ways anyone ever expected!

• Like 1