St Frances Academy News

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That loser ended up attending the game anyway!! It's funny...when St Edward OH beat PCC by 32 points in 2022 nobody said a peep. Racism is real. 

It’s not Racism!  It’s how they assemble the team!  I feel the same about all these types.  

I will assure you many men from all races feel the same about recruited up teams who basically play by different rules or simply who can just buy their teams!  

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/26/2024 at 4:20 PM, Texasball said:

It’s not Racism!  It’s how they assemble the team!  I feel the same about all these types.  

I will assure you many men from all races feel the same about recruited up teams who basically play by different rules or simply who can just buy their teams!  

Yet PCC is the SFA of the Pittsburgh region. No private can complain about another private. Sorry. All the rules are the same for them. 

• Like 1

not sure what is gonna happen Saturday for SJR....what I do know if this team is different now that Auggie is back.  That cannot be undervalued or underappreciated.  What that means for SFA is this, you will get the full Grit that SJR is known for and Auggie has a tremendous coaching staff.  So get ready for smash mouth, old school football in Montvale.  Tailgating will be lit as well !!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

not sure what is gonna happen Saturday for SJR....what I do know if this team is different now that Auggie is back.  That cannot be undervalued or underappreciated.  What that means for SFA is this, you will get the full Grit that SJR is known for and Auggie has a tremendous coaching staff.  So get ready for smash mouth, old school football in Montvale.  Tailgating will be lit as well !!!!

See you there? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SJR89 said:

SFA WINS EASILY 😎

On 8/29/2024 at 6:58 AM, Bmore410 said:

SFA WINS EASILY 😎

That did not age well...  21-17 SJR lead with 9 mins left in the game.  Hats off to SFA on nice win.  

Thoughts from game.  SFA O line was massive.  Kuddos to SJR for playing their heart out.  Auggie outcoached SFA in first half.  Lots of flags for SFA, undisciplined etc. Roster chock full of talent.  21-17 at Half.  SFA made nice adjustments on defense for 2nd half. SJR offense was anemic.  Use of TOs by SJR was horrendous and have to burn 2 ealry in 2nd half.  SJR decided to punt on a 4 & 4 from their own 38 with 6 minutes left,  you could argue the way SFA was moving the ball on SJR defense, Auggie should have gone for it, SFA was ahead 24-21 at this point.   They punted. SFA marched down, SJR took last TO with 1;55 left, SFA on SJR 5 yard line.  Next play SJR let SFA score to get ball back,  SJR drove down to SFA 15 and had couple of shots, one probably should have been caught for then on side kick with 10 seconds left.  Great effort for SJR, true grit etc.  Final after game thought,  While shaking hands, SFA decided to trash talk to SJR players / coaches etc, then did some circle group thing chant at SJR student section, yelling crap along with their parents while walking off field. Game was played clean and with respect.  Win with class and lose with class.  SFA players did themselves a disservice in their victory.

Future is bright for SJR.  Gonna be a fun a season and Auggie will have a migraine over this loss as a victory was there to be had wth a 4 point lead with 9 mins left in the 4th quarter. 

11 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

That did not age well...  21-17 SJR lead with 9 mins left in the game.  Hats off to SFA on nice win.  

Thoughts from game.  SFA O line was massive.  Kuddos to SJR for playing their heart out.  Auggie outcoached SFA in first half.  Lots of flags for SFA, undisciplined etc. Roster chock full of talent.  21-17 at Half.  SFA made nice adjustments on defense for 2nd half. SJR offense was anemic.  Use of TOs by SJR was horrendous and have to burn 2 ealry in 2nd half.  SJR decided to punt on a 4 & 4 from their own 38 with 6 minutes left,  you could argue the way SFA was moving the ball on SJR defense, Auggie should have gone for it, SFA was ahead 24-21 at this point.   They punted. SFA marched down, SJR took last TO with 1;55 left, SFA on SJR 5 yard line.  Next play SJR let SFA score to get ball back,  SJR drove down to SFA 15 and had couple of shots, one probably should have been caught for then on side kick with 10 seconds left.  Great effort for SJR, true grit etc.  Final after game thought,  While shaking hands, SFA decided to trash talk to SJR players / coaches etc, then did some circle group thing chant at SJR student section, yelling crap along with their parents while walking off field. Game was played clean and with respect.  Win with class and lose with class.  SFA players did themselves a disservice in their victory.

Future is bright for SJR.  Gonna be a fun a season and Auggie will have a migraine over this loss as a victory was there to be had wth a 4 point lead with 9 mins left in the 4th quarter. 

This game will make SJR better this season. In my opinion the Knights played SFA tougher than BC played IMG. 

And you need to give the SFA D credit for pitching a shut-out in the second half. They have an elite D that held the Mater Dei O scoreless last year until 90 secs left in their game. 

were you at game?  was in the alumni zone with '89 guys.  No doubt this game will help w rest of season but this loss will stick w Auggie for awhile, game was there to be won.  On to next week, pretty sure a beating is coming SHPs way. 

3 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

were you at game?  was in the alumni zone with '89 guys.  No doubt this game will help w rest of season but this loss will stick w Auggie for awhile, game was there to be won.  On to next week, pretty sure a beating is coming SHPs way. 

Yes, I was on SFA sideline. 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

OL xfer from the Great White North. 

Speaking of transfers.. what happened to all the dudes that supposably transferred into SFA? None of the so called Big time guys I heard to be at SFA are there. The only highly rated transfer is 5* DE Zion Elee, and the next would be Byron Baldwin. The rest are non-rated guys that have more than few offers? But offers don't hold water these days as they once did.. take if for whats worth.  2 out of the 11 transfers are among the national top 300, when it was said to be the best SFA team in past what 2-3 years? How? Not based off of these new additions.  Last years defense was better, but the OL and running game looks better this year  - but offense still can't throw. 

After what they showed in the first three games... How are they even ranked #10?? Someone got solid a bill of goods! to really believe they're a top 20 national team? OLU shouldn't be inside the top 10..... yet!  They should at least be between 15-20. 

Yeah, I know we'll see what happens with Gorman. But last game should have showed enough to put both teams outside the top 15!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Speaking of transfers.. what happened to all the dudes that supposably transferred into SFA? None of the so called Big time guys I heard to be at SFA are there. The only highly rated transfer is 5* DE Zion Elee, and the next would be Byron Baldwin. The rest are non-rated guys that have more than few offers? But offers don't hold water these days as they once did.. take if for whats worth.  2 out of the 11 transfers are among the national top 300, when it was said to be the best SFA team in past what 2-3 years? How? Not based off of these new additions.  Last years defense was better, but the OL and running game looks better this year  - but offense still can't throw. 

After what they showed in the first three games... How are they even ranked #10?? Someone got solid a bill of goods! to really believe they're a top 20 national team? OLU shouldn't be inside the top 10..... yet!  They should at least be between 15-20. 

Yeah, I know we'll see what happens with Gorman. But last game should have showed enough to put both teams outside the top 15!

Coach Messay still thinks this could be the best SFA team ever. The only two xfers I knew about that ended staying put were 5* '26 OT Immanuel Iheanacho (Georgetown Prep MD) and 3* '25 DE Haleem Muhammad (Pennington NJ). Iheanacho was told by GP if he transferred, he'd have to reimburse them $80k+. No idea why Muhammad changed his mind. 

Seniors: two 4*, five 3*, seven with 2+offers = 12 total 

Juniors: one 5*, one 4*, three 3*, two with 6+ offers = 7 total

Sophs: one 4*, five with 1+ offers = 6 total 

That's a minimum of 25 players that will ultimately be playing D1 football when their SFA careers are over. 

SFA started last week as our #4. Losing to a ranked OLu on the road by a 2 pt conversion is far from a bad loss. Let's see how they do at DV on Saturday night. If they lose, they'll drop. If they win, we were right all along that they're a T10 team. No one expects them to beat MD so that won't affect them one way or another.