St Frances Academy News

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

This is 100% Not True.... My Son Plays HS Sports and there is no extra year of eligibility due to COVID.... The only thing you can do is Re-Classify as a Freshmen or Sophomore and Re-Take your school year for COVID if you missed a bunch of school, or your parents feel the Academic's were not good enough.... But if you played a Varsity sport, you are not Eligible to re-classify at a "Normal School" and while you could re-take your school year for Academic Reasons, you would not be granted any extra eligibility for sports.... 

I know this because I looked into it, I wanted my son do re-do his Freshmen year because I felt the Academics were a Joke during COVID.... The only reason I didn't do it was because my son did not want to be a year behind his friends.... I was right though, after being an Honor Roll Student his whole time in school, he missed the Honor roll for the first time this year and didn't make it back on until his last quarter....

Reclassifying as a Junior or Senior is not allowed even with COVID at normal schools that follow the state/district rules....

Rules are obviously different in Cali. 

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

image.png.bf53757099432edede8f6420f004f15b.png

So @Bmore410 and @GardenStateBaller.... What is up with this????..... SFA Now taking 5th year Seniors and Trying to Play High School Football???..... This is Complete BS, and before anyone says anything about any COVID Nonsense, I don't see any 5th year seniors at MD, SJB, DLS, or any other High School in CA that is a Legitimate High School that plays by High School Football Rules.... 

I used to hold SFA is High Regard, but not if this nonsense is happening.... It is just sad they have to resort to 5th year players to try to win a Feke National Championship.... 

I Still think SJB is weak for Ducking SFA, but I get it now if this kind of non sense is going on....

No wonder DLS lost badly 

SFA had 5 college aged kids playing significant roles in that game 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

He didn't play over the Covid pandemic. By rule, he has five years to play four years. This only applies to 2 out of 88 players. All good. 

In Cali you have 4 years to play 4 years. Once you have gone to school for 4 years, your eligibility is gone. Even if you never played. MD forfeited a game for this reason in 2018. They had a kid who attended the equivalent of high school in Australia for 1 year and then went to school in the US for 4 years. He played a couple of plays in garbage time and it cost us the game.

Edited by Bodysurf
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

In Cali you have 4 years to play 4 years. Once you have gone to school for 4 years, your eligibility is gone. Even if you never played. MD forfeited a game for this reason in 2018. They had a kid who attended the equivalent of high school in Australia for 1 year and then went to school in the US for 4 years. He played a couple of plays in garbage time and it cost us the game.

Those rules stink for the kids. Cali never puts their athletes first. Glad other states get IT. 

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Those rules stink for the kids. Cali never puts their athletes first. Glad other states get IT. 

Not allowing 5th year players protects the kids. I have nothing against 5th year kids if there are circumstances out of their control. If they really want to play sports, they should go to an academy that permits it and plays against other similar schools. I guess I had higher hopes for SFA. Any school with 5th year players should not be playing against ‘normal’ high schools.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Not allowing 5th year players protects the kids. I have nothing against 5th year kids if there are circumstances out of their control. If they really want to play sports, they should go to an academy that permits it and plays against other similar schools. I guess I had higher hopes for SFA. Any school with 5th year players should not be playing against ‘normal’ high schools.

Covid was circumstances outside of their control. Other states shouldn't be penalized just because Cali has the worse rules in all of HSFB. 

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Covid was circumstances outside of their control. Other states shouldn't be penalized just because Cali has the worse rules in all of HSFB. 

Nobody is being penalized. It’s just that regular high schools won’t play against schools with 5th year players. Like should compete against like.

18 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

No States have any Rules allowing 5th year Seniors who Re Classified to play an extra year of HS due to COVID of those kids played a Varsity sport prior to or during COVID….

If there were you would have provided proof by now…. But there are not because no state will allow a HS Team to Compete in their playoffs with 5th year seniors, COVID or not….

Therefore SFA is no Longer High School, but they are just another post graduate academy and I hope Cali Teams Never play them Again after what they did to DLS last year by playing 5, 5th year Seniors against a bunch of HS kids…..

Hater gonna hate. It's always the jealous ones leading the way. Every top progrm in America has kids that have been held back 1-2 years earlier in life. This is no different on the back end as long as the ballers don't turn 19 before 9/1. #oldterrapinaddictwife 

• Like 1

SFA 2022-2023 schedule as of right now*

(Also, I heard SFA plays Arundel don’t know which date as of right now)

8/19 PCHS (NJ)- Scrimmage

8/27 East St. Louis (IL)

9/3 DeSoto (TX)

9/16 Venice (FL)

9/23 Dutch Fork (SC)

9/30 Kahuku (HI)

10/29 Notre Dame (NJ)

11/4 STMHS (CT)

11/18 IMG Academy (FL)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevenfrmdab said:

SFA 2022-2023 schedule as of right now*

(Also, I heard SFA plays Arundel don’t know which date as of right now)

8/19 PCHS (NJ)- Scrimmage

8/27 East St. Louis (IL)

9/3 DeSoto (TX)

9/16 Venice (FL)

9/23 Dutch Fork (SC)

9/30 Kahuku (HI)

10/29 Notre Dame (NJ)

11/4 STMHS (CT)

11/18 IMG Academy (FL)

I would like to see SFA vs Dunbar Potes

18 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is a Complete Crock of BS…. There is a Huge Difference in playing 5 years of HSFB and Taking 8th Grade over again…

Someone repeating 8th grade is not playing HSFB…. That is a Big Difference then playing 4 years of HSFB then playing a 5th…. Especially since Real HSFB players only have 4 years of eligibility…..

Again, no State in The County Allows 5th year High School Players to play in their playoffs… Those are “Real High Schools”…. Not 5 year prep Academies like SFA has now become….

But you know this, you just refuse to tell the Truth….

#GSBNEVERSTOPSLYING

#MRBISHOPSYCAMORE

I speak to all state associations regularly. They have educated me on this topic many times through the deadly pandemic. Rest assuted that all 300+ PGL clients are compliant at all times. 

42 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I speak to all state associations regularly. They have educated me on this topic many times through the deadly pandemic. Rest assuted that all 300+ PGL clients are compliant at all times. 

SFA hater😂😂

18 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Hater gonna hate. It's always the jealous ones leading the way. Every top progrm in America has kids that have been held back 1-2 years earlier in life. This is no different on the back end as long as the ballers don't turn 19 before 9/1. #oldterrapinaddictwife 

100% agree that many schools have 19 year-olds on the team. But there is a big difference in terms of experience between playing 5 years of high school versus being held back in elementary school. 

In Cali you can't turn 19 before June 15th.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

100% agree that many schools have 19 year-olds on the team. But there is a big difference in terms of experience between playing 5 years of high school versus being held back in elementary school. 

In Cali you can't turn 19 before June 15th.

Damn, 6/15 is the earliest I've seen in this respect. The good thing is that these Covid-related cases will be flushed out of the system after this season.  

• Like 1