• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/7/2022 at 6:58 PM, Bmore410 said:

@GardenStateBaller
I think next year a top prospect from California is gonna come to SFA 

once we beat img again this year they not gonna wanna go there🤔😂😂

I mean it makes perfect sense to want to move to one of the most violent shitholes in the country to play for a school without any fans or home games...when you consider the amount of cash those guys are getting 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longtime Observer said:

I mean it makes perfect sense to want to move to one of the most violent shitholes in the country to play for a school without any fans or home games...when you consider the amount of cash those guys are getting 😂

Check out my Greetings from Baltimore thread. After doing so, you'll have a greater appreciation of SFAs 194 years of tradition and excellence. 

56 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Check out my Greetings from Baltimore thread. After doing so, you'll have a greater appreciation of SFAs 194 years of tradition and excellence. 

It's an old school that was nearly defunct until a glory seeking rich guy decided to revive it with a bunch of money, much of which goes to the kids they recruit and their families. I don't blame the kids for getting paid.

2 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

It's an old school that was nearly defunct until a glory seeking rich guy decided to revive it with a bunch of money, much of which goes to the kids they recruit and their families. I don't blame the kids for getting paid.

Rich guy ain't there no more. They're doing just fine without him. And no kids get paid. That's a foolish statement. 

33 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Rich guy ain't there no more. They're doing just fine without him. And no kids get paid. That's a foolish statement. 

Are you suggesting they all pay their way up there, leave whatever accommodations and food they had at home behind so as to pay rent at a place in the ghetto of Baltimore? Or does the school have some paperwork for them to fill out which gives them free rent and food and, ahem, other "perks"?  Many of us may appear to be stupid, but, I assure you that's not always the case. Donations from the likes of Biff and Bill Cosby can go a long way...

51 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

Are you suggesting they all pay their way up there, leave whatever accommodations and food they had at home behind so as to pay rent at a place in the ghetto of Baltimore? Or does the school have some paperwork for them to fill out which gives them free rent and food and, ahem, other "perks"?  Many of us may appear to be stupid, but, I assure you that's not always the case. Donations from the likes of Biff and Bill Cosby can go a long way...

SFA offers need-based financial aid like every other parochial high school in America. The last fundraiser I attended at SFA, they raised $200,000 in one night. They are Baltimore's Team. Many in the community (both black & white) proudly support the school and will do everything in their power to make sure it thrives. 

On 7/9/2022 at 7:15 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA offers need-based financial aid like every other parochial high school in America. The last fundraiser I attended at SFA, they raised $200,000 in one night. They are Baltimore's Team. Many in the community (both black & white) proudly support the school and will do everything in their power to make sure it thrives. 

When they recruit players nationally, and have them move from other states (Lamar Patterson was from Kissimmee, Fl for example), the "need" is FAR more than any tuition expenses. The "need" now includes rent for a place to live, food and any "other" expenses which don't at all appear monitored or regulated. How much, exactly, will a kid get to move from another state to play for SFA? Of course we will never know. And, because they've already been removed from any chance to compete for league or state titles, there are no governing boards monitoring them. So, what they give kids under the category of "need-based financial aid" often amounts to more than the kid ever had before. It's a smart business decision for some kids. Say what you will about this practice, but it is not at all allowed anywhere in high school football. It is only something that football academies, without any chance of ever playing in a state playoffs series, practice. 

14 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

When they recruit players nationally, and have them move from other states (Lamar Patterson was from Kissimmee, Fl for example), the "need" is FAR more than any tuition expenses. The "need" now includes rent for a place to live, food and any "other" expenses which don't at all appear monitored or regulated. How much, exactly, will a kid get to move from another state to play for SFA? Of course we will never know. And, because they've already been removed from any chance to compete for league or state titles, there are no governing boards monitoring them. So, what they give kids under the category of "need-based financial aid" often amounts to more than the kid ever had before. It's a smart business decision for some kids. Say what you will about this practice, but it is not at all allowed anywhere in high school football. It is only something that football academies, without any chance of ever playing in a state playoffs series, practice. 

Winning attracts the masses. Every top school in America has kids/families recruiting them, not the other way around. When DBP was peaking, kids from TX and OH moved to NJ to get involved. Both SFA and SJB recently had ballers from GA contact them about transferring. This has always occurred and will never cease to exist. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Winning attracts the masses. Every top school in America has kids/families recruiting them, not the other way around. When DBP was peaking, kids from TX and OH moved to NJ to get involved. Both SFA and SJB recently had ballers from GA contact them about transferring. This has always occurred and will never cease to exist. 

But, the difference, which you continue to avoid, is what SFA offers the kids. Kids that MOVE from another state to Baltimore are being offered "need-based aid", which we can be sure involves both a place to live, money for food and money for "other" expenses. Nobody, except for the player/family, knows exactly how much money that is. And nobody is monitoring or regulating it since SFA operates outside of any sort of association of schools.

One can believe it is A-OK for a school to offer these things to kids. But, you can't pretend such a school is playing by the same rules as the other schools.