Trinity League News

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MD already hosts SFA and plays SJB twice in 2024. Who are your top teams playing? 

Funny you can pencil in SJB 2nd time already.  No guarantees on how good any of these will be next year.  MD might not have truly elite QB like they have had.  
We see the drop this year at SJB.  SFA can’t help but be better next year.

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Funny you can pencil in SJB 2nd time already.  No guarantees on how good any of these will be next year.  MD might not have truly elite QB like they have had.  
We see the drop this year at SJB.  SFA can’t help but be better next year.

No different than all of us already knowing that DV/NS will be playing in the 6A Chip come December. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CaliFB said:

He's as big times as it gets. People don't like him because he calls a spade a spade. He's been been writing since the 80s and employed by the La Times since the early 90s. 

I thought so.  

Just so everyone knows on this glorious day.  I know that MD/SJB have been seriously good.  The model of the programs will keep them both legit.  There are major advantages even if recruiting and poaching doesn’t exist.  It’s called boundaries.  
Not sure these two are playing at the level this year.  Still can beat anyone most of time.

5 hours ago, BB BOS said:

The difference for Bosco this season is Qb play.   Calab is doing fine for the amount of playing time he has. He's doing the typical things 1st yr starters do. Bosco has had the luxury of multiple 3yr starters even before Rosen.

Sanchez has played okay. I watched the Kahuku game and I will never understand why coaches try to force the  run/pass mix when they have the ability to dominate on the ground. Bosco should have rammed Cam Jones down Kahuku’s throat the whole game.

Similarly, last week against St Frances the MD coaches kept forcing the pass. MD was running effectively, but they never game up on the pass which kept SFA in the game.

The topic that "I" was responding to was the level of play vs previous yrs.

Again I agree Caleb is doing just fine for a Qb who has yet to receive his 1st offer. I hope the chip on his shoulder can/will prove otherwise.

I'm judging him off SJB's luxury of past 3yr starters at Qb who had offers by their Jr season......Keith Price Washington, Cowen UCLA, Rosen UCLA, Re Al Temple,  DJ Clemson, Houser MSU, Clarkson Louisville.

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Sanchez has played okay. I watched the Kahuku game and I will never understand why coaches try to force the  run/pass mix when they have the ability to dominate on the ground. Bosco should have rammed Cam Jones down Kahuku’s throat the whole game.

Similarly, last week against St Frances the MD coaches kept forcing the pass. MD was running effectively, but they never game up on the pass which kept SFA in the game.

You’re over-analyzing. If those seven defensive starters aren’t suspended for the first half, SJB beats KAH 40-14ish. 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 8:14 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

You’re over-analyzing. If those seven defensive starters aren’t suspended for the first half, SJB beats KAH 40-14ish. 

Bosco didn't have seven defensive starters out for the first half. 

It was the first three plays of the game ONLY!

When Kahuku started moving the ball, they ALL came in on that 4th down, to which Kahuku converted the 1st down. The guys who didn't start for those first three plays - #27 Kyngstonn Viliamu-asa, #15 Jordan Lockhart, #41 Dutch Horisk, #6 Kimori House.  -  If you watch that game, they all played the remainder of the game.

So if you're justifying your rankings based on thinking Bosco had 7 defensive starters out?? You better re-evaluate, because that did not happen. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, covercorner said:

Bosco didn't have seven defensive starters out for the first half. 

It was the first three plays of the game ONLY!

When Kahuku started moving the ball, they ALL came in on that 4th down, to which Kahuku converted the 1st down. The guys who didn't start for those first three plays - #27 Kyngstonn Viliamu-asa, #15 Jordan Lockhart, #41 Dutch Horisk, #6 Kimori House.  -  If you watch that game, they all played the remainder of the game.

So if you're justifying your rankings based on thinking Bosco had 7 defensive starters out?? You better re-evaluate, because that did not happen. 

I was told by the coaching staff that 6-7 defensive starters did not play the first half as punishment for being late to a team meeting. Have no idea which seven they were. In the end there's no denying it was a tale of two halfs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I was told by the coaching staff that 6-7 defensive starters did not play the first half as punishment for being late to a team meeting. Have no idea which seven they were. In the end there's no denying it was a tale of two halfs. 

Well, that may have been the intent, but I think that went out the door when they all came in after 3 plays, and film doesn't lie - technically they did sit - for the first three plays. I listed who was out, clear as day. 

• Thanks 1