Trinity League News

1 hour ago, CaliFB said:

MD to themselves. Lower caliber teams won't play them in fear of getting embarrassed on the field. Now they already have 5 home games and we're offering a "generous stipend" why not take that money and go and find a game out of town if they really wanted to play 10 games. 

MD is already traveling to Hawaii, which is close to a six figure spend.

How many teams in America do you believe would be overly excited to host MD? This is exactly why all the elites must schedule each other on an annual basis. 

2 hours ago, CaliFB said:

MD to themselves. Lower caliber teams won't play them in fear of getting embarrassed on the field. Now they already have 5 home games and we're offering a "generous stipend" why not take that money and go and find a game out of town if they really wanted to play 10 games. 

Offering a stipend is different than the cost to put the team on a plane. We were hoping to play a local team. Nobody is willing to play. I am still confused exactly what people think we did to ourselves, other than being good, that nobody in Cali is willing to step up.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Offering a stipend is different than the cost to put the team on a plane. We were hoping to play a local team. Nobody is willing to play. I am still confused exactly what people think we did to ourselves, other than being good, that nobody in Cali is willing to step up.

All five elites share the same problem. Hence, why they all need to schedule each other annually when applicable. 

1 minute ago, Bmore410 said:

IMG VS MATER DEI 

GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT 

KEEP THE POLITICS OUT OF IT 

The gutless puppet CIF is permitting DLS to play NFL Academy (aka The IMG of Europe) in London, but is preventing any CA team from scheduling IMG. Makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2024 at 3:26 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

All five elites share the same problem. Hence, why they all need to schedule each other annually when applicable. 

That would be ideal, of course, but if MD had to travel to SFA and IMG or STA in one season, for example, that would be prohibitively expensive; especially if they have to play SFA, IMG and STA annually.  

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The gutless puppet CIF is permitting DLS to play NFL Academy (aka The IMG of Europe) in London, but is preventing any CA team from scheduling IMG. Makes no sense whatsoever. 

The NFL Academy sucks, but yeah, it’s not exactly consistent. 

1 hour ago, All Dei said:

That would be ideal, of course, but if MD had to travel to SFA and IMG or STA in one season, for example, that would be prohibitively expensive; especially if they have to play SFA, IMG and STA annually.  

MD is in the midst of a home and home series with SFA. They can do the same with one other team alternating years. For example, instead of going to Kahuku this season go to STA in 2024 and host in 2025. Very easy if the desire is there. I'm working closely with all of the elites in an attempt to accomplish these goals. 

• Like 1

I would hate to play the same teams every year, other than league obviously. We already play Cen10 every year and I hope that one continues. But I would love to see different nonleague teams every year. And of course I want very high tier teams. There are many teams I would like to see MD play rather than playing SFA every year. I would be more excited to see us play Folsom to be honest. I’ve always wanted a piece of them 😉

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I would hate to play the same teams every year, other than league obviously. We already play Cen10 every year and I hope that one continues. But I would love to see different nonleague teams every year. And of course I want very high tier teams. There are many teams I would like to see MD play rather than playing SFA every year. I would be more excited to see us play Folsom to be honest. I’ve always wanted a piece of them 😉

Very few top CA publics will schedule MD and SJB unless they have no other options.  

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Very few top CA publics will schedule MD and SJB unless they have no other options.  

Sierra Canyon is a private. They are playing OLu also. 
Mission Viejo should schedule MD and Bosco.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sierra Canyon is a private. They are playing OLu also. 
Mission Viejo should schedule MD and Bosco.

I believe if you're MV why schedule one of them when you will most likely see one of them in the semifinals. But MV never has trouble finding games it seems lol

On 8/1/2024 at 8:04 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Lets be real here. IMG of Europe is NO where near the same caliber of IMG (US). And CIF is probably clueless that Europe NFL Academy is basically like an (Baby) IMG, hence allowing the game. 

1 hour ago, covercorner said:

Lets be real here. IMG of Europe is NO where near the same caliber of IMG (US). And CIF is probably clueless that Europe NFL Academy is basically like an (Baby) IMG, hence allowing the game. 

Their definition of “Academy” is the same regardless. They’re only permitting it because it’s a guaranteed win for DLS. And if the CIF has no clue that the NFL Academy recruits all over Europe, their heads are in the sand. Intentionally. 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And yet clueless pollsters will still rank Bosco higher than Cen10 simply based on the recent past. Cen10 gearing up for a title run. MD is fortunate to get them early because they will be considerably better second half of the season once multiple transfers become eligible.

35 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

And yet clueless pollsters will still rank Bosco higher than Cen10 simply based on the recent past. Cen10 gearing up for a title run. MD is fortunate to get them early because they will be considerably better second half of the season once multiple transfers become eligible.

Until Cen10/SJB play, we won't know who's better. If Cen10 gets blown out by MD, it'll be same ole Cen10. They need to beat one of the Big2 eventually to garner a Top 5 ranking before, during or after the season. 

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I feel like situation like this can be a little misleading. Just cuz a kid leaves MD or Bosco doesn't always mean he's a top tier player. You gotta see how he performs on the field before you can make proper judgement.

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Until Cen10/SJB play, we won't know who's better. If Cen10 gets blown out by MD, it'll be same ole Cen10. They need to beat one of the Big2 eventually to garner a Top 5 ranking before, during or after the season. 

They won't be close to MD to start the season  but as usual they'll get better as the season goes on. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agreed. Cen10 always gets better throughout the season. My point was that Cen10 will be a much tougher out in the playoffs. 

3 minutes ago, CaliFB said:

They won't be close to MD to start the season  but as usual they'll get better as the season goes on. 

Exactly. Just ask Bosco what it was like trying to stop Cen10’s offense in the semis last season. The roster will also be different the second half of the season.

4 hours ago, CaliFB said:

I feel like situation like this can be a little misleading. Just cuz a kid leaves MD or Bosco doesn't always mean he's a top tier player. You gotta see how he performs on the field before you can make proper judgement.

You're right, of the 13 kids who have left Bosco, 4 are key impact guys, the rest have been spot duty or rotation guys, its depleting depth. The latest LB Jonathan Edwards transferring to Cen10. He transferred from Warren this past spring.  He was a spot duty starter for OLU his freshman year. He got injured his sophomore year, and lost his starting job, transferred to Warren for junior year. Transferred to Bosco this spring, but looks like he couldn't crack the rotation, thus on the move again. And Cen10 is in need of backers.  

8 hours ago, CaliFB said:

Many seem to forget that last season's SJB underclassmen classes were extremely talented. Those SJB players currently exiting will not be missed. As they say out with the old and in with the new.