Trinity League News

23 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

JS plays vastly inferior teams until 10/11. To be continued then. 

They handled Sierra Canyon more convincingly than Bosco.

JS and SM are 4/5 in the Trinity. Chances are that 5 teams make the playoffs along with Mission, Cen10, and ?.

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The truth hurts. JS is NOT on the same level as SJB. 

Agreed and not saying they are.

I’m commenting on how Bosco beating SC is seen by people as a show of force for them, but when JS beat them, crickets.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SC was more understaffed in the JS game than Creekside was vs DeSoto 😉 

Source?

Sounds like an excuse to me to soften the blow. I don’t buy that SC throws away a game with the expectations they had. 

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Nobody threw away a game. Many starters were out vs JS because they were too ill to get cleared to play. 

First time I’m hearing this, nor do I recall any of the local sports writers pick up on it. 
Let’s see how SC does against OLu in 2 weeks. If anybody has a right to make excuses, it’s OLu. They have a 4-game stretch of SFA, Gorman, Sierra Canyon, Bosco.

40 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

First time I’m hearing this, nor do I recall any of the local sports writers pick up on it. 
Let’s see how SC does against OLu in 2 weeks. If anybody has a right to make excuses, it’s OLu. They have a 4-game stretch of SFA, Gorman, Sierra Canyon, Bosco.

I heard it from the SC HC as did Zack Poff of MP. 

6 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

So Sierra Canyon had 5 guys out in the JSerra game, but only three, considered difference makers - DL Richard Wesley,  WR Messiah Wingo and LB Ronen Zamorano. Not sure those 5 make any difference if they played in the JSerra game. But I will say the team that played JSerra played like a JV team, sluggish, looked like they didnt want to be there. So if they were under the weather.. it showed. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/10/2024 at 10:24 PM, covercorner said:

So Sierra Canyon had 5 guys out in the JSerra game, but only three, considered difference makers - DL Richard Wesley,  WR Messiah Wingo and LB Ronen Zamorano. Not sure those 5 make any difference if they played in the JSerra game. But I will say the team that played JSerra played like a JV team, sluggish, looked like they didnt want to be there. So if they were under the weather.. it showed. 

And possibly jet lagged?  My primary concern vs Kahuku.  Other than the refs, of course. 

32 minutes ago, All Dei said:

And possibly jet lagged?  My primary concern vs Kahuku.  Other than the refs, of course. 

What happened with the refs and Bosco at the end of the Kahuku game last season was beyond egregious. But Bosco also has themself to blame for coming out flat and allowing Kahuku to be in the game.

MD must dominate from the opening kickoff in order to not allow the refs to have any opportunity to influence the game.

Edited by Bodysurf
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

MD must dominate from the opening kickoff

This ^^^^^^   And a heavy dosage of Jordon and Dunn to wear those boys out.   I think our biggest insurance against that happening again, is that is happened to SJB last year.  (Much appreciated, Jason!)  The only Kahuku player who worries me is Carvahlo, and he's a game time decision (leg injury).  That kid's a baller.

Edited by All Dei
  • Like 1

I don't think it will be close, I remembering hearing from the BG game they only had 1 offense player returning from last year teams, all the starter are from last year JV team. I feel next year they will be a team to watch out for.