Florida News

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You do if you want to win a Natty!

The Broward teams are doing everything right in this respect. They'll win at MNC before any Dade team does. 

What county in America has more MNC’s than miami dade? I’ll wait…

My biggest issue is the basis of west coast teams in the polls. It's the same 3 every year. It's set up for those teams to lose the MNC as a pose to another school winning it. As I mentioned NO school not named SJB, MD, or BG would even be in discussion with one or two losses in the season. 

6 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

My biggest issue is the basis of west coast teams in the polls. It's the same 3 every year. It's set up for those teams to lose the MNC as a pose to another school winning it. As I mentioned NO school not named SJB, MD, or BG would even be in discussion with one or two losses in the season. 

It's not where you start, but where you finish.

A gentle reminder that the last two seasons our MNCs were IMG and MC, two east coast teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It's not where you start, but where you finish.

A gentle reminder that the last two seasons our MNCs were IMG and MC, two east coast teams. 

Valid point...I'm speaking in reference to other polls, which I know you have no say so in.

21 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Playing SJB this season will def help C-M overall SOS. As long as SJB doesn't have a down year like SFA did last season. 

I still want to see the non conference SOS because I'm still convinced their SOS would be very close to IMG if they didn't have district games dragging them down 

And SFA for being down nearly beat IMG while Chaminade beat SFA easily 

Chaminade was always the better team and I talked to someone who's seen SFL for over 30 years who felt the same and in fact felt Chaminade would have beaten IMG by anywhere from 10-14 last year 

23 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

And SFA for being down nearly beat IMG while Chaminade beat SFA easily 

Chaminade was always the better team and I talked to someone who's seen SFL for over 30 years who felt the same and in fact felt Chaminade would have beaten IMG by anywhere from 10-14 last year 

C-M was trailing at half. Only after the SFA QB went down with an injury in Q3 did the tide turn. 

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

C-M has had many opptys to host IMG. They simply will not do it. 

And let's not forget what Gorman did to C-M in 2022. #49-14

If the similar happens this year vs SJB in Lauderdale, you'll have no legs left to stand on. 

If we gonna bring up 2022 then Central beat IMG and IMG proceeded to schedule Bartram Trail and Pine Forest as their lone Florida teams 

Those teams had as much shot of competing with IMG as those district teams had of being competitive for Chaminade 

11 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

If we gonna bring up 2022 then Central beat IMG and IMG proceeded to schedule Bartram Trail and Pine Forest as their lone Florida teams 

Those teams had as much shot of competing with IMG as those district teams had of being competitive for Chaminade 

A friendly reminder that yours truly was the ONLY national pollster in America to crown MC as National Champs in 2022. 

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

A friendly reminder that yours truly was the ONLY national pollster in America to crown MC as National Champs in 2022. 

Yes and I was very vocal then that they were deserving of the championship almost as vocal as I was about Chaminade being better than IMG last year 

Idk why Chaminade vs IMG didn't work itself out but even so that doesn't prove that Chaminade couldn't have beaten them 

Mater Dei can't play IMG but does that mean Mater Dei isn't good enough to beat them?

41 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Yes and I was very vocal then that they were deserving of the championship almost as vocal as I was about Chaminade being better than IMG last year 

Idk why Chaminade vs IMG didn't work itself out but even so that doesn't prove that Chaminade couldn't have beaten them 

Mater Dei can't play IMG but does that mean Mater Dei isn't good enough to beat them?

C-M can schedule IMG, but they refuse to. Coach Jones is petrified to do such. 

MD would def schedule IMG if their state association permitted such.  

Big difference. 

54 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

C-M can schedule IMG, but they refuse to. Coach Jones is petrified to do such. 

MD would def schedule IMG if their state association permitted such.  

Big difference. 

Coach Jones scheduled the team that already proved they were better than IMG (Miami Central) and the team that has beaten IMG more than any other school (SFA) in the same season 

Nobody is afraid of those glorified mercenaries 

Maybe he saw they already had 2 teams who most seasons are better than IMG and said IMG wasn't needed on the schedule 

And none of this proves they can't beat them 

1 minute ago, Softballguy said:

Coach Jones scheduled the team that already proved they were better than IMG (Miami Central) and the team that has beaten IMG more than any other school (SFA) in the same season 

Nobody is afraid of those glorified mercenaries 

Maybe he saw they already had 2 teams who most seasons are better than IMG and said IMG wasn't needed on the schedule 

And none of this proves they can't beat them 

That was two years ago. And he is afraid. I have the texts to prove it. And SFA hasn't beaten IMG in a few seasons. 

IMG and C-M will both be Top 5 Preseason teams this season. They should be playing each other to see who in fact is the best team in the state. Unfortunately C-M refuses to make it happen. 

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That was two years ago. And he is afraid. I have the texts to prove it. And SFA hasn't beaten IMG in a few seasons. 

IMG and C-M will both be Top 5 Preseason teams this season. They should be playing each other to see who in fact is the best team in the state. Unfortunately C-M refuses to make it happen. 

Any team or coach afraid of IMG is just soft 

If I had a team with their resources I wouldn't hesitate to play them every year because I know that I would build a program BETTER than them and would love the opportunity to prove IMG are nothing but glorified mercenaries for Ron desantis and his pro tourism anti school Florida 

I've seen IMG before and I left the game unimpressed that this was the so called program that teams across the country feared 

Hell my school is undefeated all time against their so called "national team" with wins in 2 different sports 

Why any school fears IMG is beyond me because they aren't as good as their reputation makes them out to be

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And besides regardless of that fact even if a coach is afraid of a team it doesn't mean they couldn't beat them 

Some coaches are afraid of teams their program is good enough to beat for some oddball reasons I'll never understand 

• Haha 1