Florida News

IMG SOS will almost always be better because they get to chose every team they play 

They aren't forced to play some poor sacrificial lambs the FHSAA sends to get blown out by 60 because they still think student enrollment means a damn thing about how good a team is like the brain dead traditionalists they have on the board now 

Most real experts know that the talent pools matter a lot more than the number of kids in the school 

4 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Because those OOS teams were ranked way higher than they belonged 

Ben Davis by the national rankings would have been top 5 in Florida. When is the last time a team from Indiana played an elite Florida team and won?

And you ain't gonna convince me that Miami Central was running from IMG and I highly doubt Chaminade was either and besides you take out the district games I'm pretty sure their SOS would be neck and neck anyway 

2023 SOS numbers don't and can't lie:

IMG 44.8

MC 42.4

STA 38.4

Norland 35.3

AHP 32.4

C-M 30.5

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

2023 SOS numbers don't and can't lie:

IMG 44.8

MC 42.4

STA 38.4

Norland 35.3

AHP 32.4

C-M 30.5

What's the SOS of all those teams if you remove district games like IMG has an advantage of having none of

When one team can create an entire schedule with unlimited budget while others are forced to play certain weaker teams by being in a state association it's not an apples to apples comparison 

Edited by Softballguy

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

2022 was aloooooong time ago. And we rewarded MC for that win!! See below:

T25 121922.jpg

Well considering it's the most recent example of IMG playing a Florida team with a pulse it's still relevant 

Pine Forest wasn't that good 2 years ago but they still better than they were this past season and Bartram Trail was down from their normal level last season 

IMG caught both teams they probably beat regardless when they weren't even close to their peak 

1 minute ago, Softballguy said:

Well considering it's the most recent example of IMG playing a Florida team with a pulse it's still relevant 

Pine Forest wasn't that good 2 years ago but they still better than they were this past season and Bartram Trail was down from their normal level last season 

IMG caught both teams they probably beat regardless when they weren't even close to their peak 

My point is that FLs top teams should be scheduling IMG on an annual basis. Look what it did for MC? That Natty doesn't exist without that win. MC created a formula for success. Unfortunately, nobody is following their lead. 

6 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

What's the SOS of all those teams if you remove district games like IMG has an advantage of having none of

When one team can create an entire schedule with unlimited budget while others are forced to play certain weaker teams by being in a state association it's not an apples to apples comparison 

Simple fix. If your district teams stink then schedule better non-district/OOS teams! 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Simple fix. If your district teams stink then schedule better non-district/OOS teams! 

How can you look at Chaminade non district schedule and say they didn't schedule good teams?

They literally bulldozed a SFA team that IMG barely got by 

Again when one team gets full 100% say on who they play and another team only gets to control half their schedule it's not a fair comparison to use SOS unless you are using games of equal control

Most good SOS measures out there only use non conference games for it because those games are the ones the schools have control over so that's why again I ask what is the SOS rankings for the teams using only non conference games 

Certainly someone out there has done the math for it 

My point is that FLs top teams should be scheduling IMG on an annual basis. Look what it did for MC? That Natty doesn't exist without that win. MC created a formula for success. Unfortunately, nobody is following their lead. 

Who's to say Miami Central won't play IMG again the minute IMG calls them 

Did IMG ever call Miami Central when they were looking for games? Also looking at Chaminade schedule this year I have doubts that Chaminade ran from IMG when it's more likely they they couldn't come to terms or maybe Chaminade just doesn't feel they need IMG 

If I look at the last 5 years I would argue that maybe Chaminade chose SFA instead because they seemed to be a team that was better for their schedule 

Chaminade has SJB, Norland, Western, STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons on their schedule 

That's not a weak schedule by any stretch of the imagination 

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/hollywood/chaminade-madonna-lions/football/schedule/

Edited by Softballguy

2 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Who's to say Miami Central won't play IMG again the minute IMG calls them 

Did IMG ever call Miami Central when they were looking for games? Also looking at Chaminade schedule this year I have doubts that Chaminade ran from IMG when it's more likely they they couldn't come to terms or maybe Chaminade just doesn't feel they need IMG 

If I look at the last 5 years I would argue that maybe Chaminade chose SFA instead because they seemed to be a team that was better for their schedule 

I'm very much involved in IMGs scheduling process. I can assure you that both MC and C-M have declined offers to host IMG. I won't post the text/email proof out of respect for those programs. 

Chaminade has SJB, Norland, Western, STA, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons on their schedule 

That's not a weak schedule by any stretch of the imagination 

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/hollywood/chaminade-madonna-lions/football/schedule/

C-M has a great schedule this season thanks to the SJB game that we helped consummate. Hence, why the Lions will be a MNC contender to start the season. 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm very much involved in IMGs scheduling process. I can assure you that both MC and C-M have declined offers to host IMG. I won't post the text/email proof out of respect for those programs. 

🤔

I still want to see what's the non conference SOS because it's definitely easier for IMG to get a better SOS when they don't have district games dragging their SOS ranking down 

I'm betting all those teams you listed with a lower SOS would have a much higher one if they didn't have to play district games 

I'm betting all those teams you listed with a lower SOS would have a much higher one if they didn't have to play district games 

Gorman has the same problem in NV. But it doesn't prevent them from winning Natty's because they schedule at least one blockbuster, elite game annually. This season they're playing both MD and STA. 

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gorman has the same problem in NV. But it doesn't prevent them from winning Natty's because they schedule at least one blockbuster, elite game annually. This season they're playing both MD and STA. 

Chaminade played several opponents last year who should have been major games 

Hell they played SFA which was hyped massively for IMG schedule 

Funny how it's a big win for IMG but not good enough for Chaminade 

But people want to make IMG better than they are when they routinely half ass their play and play down to competition instead of actually proving they are a tier above like some think they are 

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/hollywood/chaminade-madonna-lions/football/23-24/schedule/

SFA

Cardinal Gibbons 

Bergen Catholic 

AHP 

Miami Central 

How can you look at that schedule and say they didn't go out and schedule blockbuster elite games 

I see plenty of teams who have those teams as their BIGGEST game of their entire schedule but Chaminade plays FIVE of them but that's not good enough even when IMG didn't play better against common opponents or play any power state elites like Chaminade did 

3 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

https://www.maxpreps.com/fl/hollywood/chaminade-madonna-lions/football/23-24/schedule/

SFA

Cardinal Gibbons 

Bergen Catholic 

AHP 

Miami Central 

How can you look at that schedule and say they didn't go out and schedule blockbuster elite games 

I see plenty of teams who have those teams as their BIGGEST game of their entire schedule but Chaminade plays FIVE of them but that's not good enough even when IMG didn't play better against common opponents or play any power state elites like Chaminade did 

Final SOS was 30.5 compared to these other elites: 

SJB 69.4

MD 68.8

Cen10 63.6

DS 50.9

DV 49.0

IMG 44.8

BG 43.1

Win or lose playing SJB this season will def help them finally get into the 40+ range, which will be respectable. 

17 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Final SOS was 30.5 compared to these other elites: 

SJB 69.4

MD 68.8

Cen10 63.6

DS 50.9

DV 49.0

IMG 44.8

BG 43.1

Win or lose playing SJB this season will def help them finally get into the 40+ range, which will be respectable. 

Was that their SOS for only non conference games?

Also IMG with having full control of their schedule and unlimited funds should not have a weaker schedules than any team without that advantage which is what stands out to me the most in that list 

I'm betting Chaminade schedule strength isn't far behind or even behind IMG at all if you remove Chaminade district games from the SOS numbers which would prove that Chaminade was absolutely deserving of being ranked ahead of IMG and I've spoken to multiple people who are familiar with both programs including one who said Chaminade would have beaten IMG by 10 last year and considering the overall competition of the two I believe that

Teams like Ben Davis would not have the rankings to boost IMG if they had to play in SFL and play the teams Chaminade has 

Miami Central last year was ranked close to Ben Davis in the MaxPreps rankings but yet if the two played I would have easily taken Miami Central by 14-17 points against Ben Davis 

That's the reason I'm not buying IMG schedule being better regardless of what the numbers say because the SOS metric is extremely flawed as is just taking the winning percentage of the teams on the schedule and not taking into any account what those teams played themselves to get that record 

It's why at the college level I look more at the SOR metric which says a lot more about the teams then SOS 

A team like Ben Davis will count for more on SOS than AHP or Miami Central yet Ben Davis wouldn't have beaten any of the teams that those two teams lost to which is again a flaw in the SOS metric and why SOR has become a far more effective method of evaluating teams and their schedules overall 

5 hours ago, Softballguy said:

Also IMG with having full control of their schedule and unlimited funds should not have a weaker schedules than any team without that advantage which is what stands out to me the most in that list 

I'm betting Chaminade schedule strength isn't far behind or even behind IMG at all if you remove Chaminade district games from the SOS numbers which would prove that Chaminade was absolutely deserving of being ranked ahead of IMG and I've spoken to multiple people who are familiar with both programs including one who said Chaminade would have beaten IMG by 10 last year and considering the overall competition of the two I believe that

Teams like Ben Davis would not have the rankings to boost IMG if they had to play in SFL and play the teams Chaminade has 

Miami Central last year was ranked close to Ben Davis in the MaxPreps rankings but yet if the two played I would have easily taken Miami Central by 14-17 points against Ben Davis 

IMG is the most feared team in HSFB. It's not their fault that all the other top teams bedsides SFA is afraid to schedule them annually. Therefore, can can never be penalized in this respect.