Florida News

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG is the most feared team in HSFB. It's not their fault that all the other top teams bedsides SFA is afraid to schedule them annually. Therefore, can can never be penalized in this respect. 

Being feared could apply to plenty of elite teams 

Doesn't change the fact that IMG has an advantage those teams listed don't have in that they don't have any required games dragging down their SOS 

So again I ask what is the SOS of the other teams on the list using ONLY non conference games 

1 hour ago, Bmore410 said:

First 2 are right but 3-5 is eye balling off 

Cardinal Gibbons is easily better than the 3 teams ahead of them but then again ITG next is typically the most odd ball ranking for Florida out there 

1 hour ago, Softballguy said:

First 2 are right but 3-5 is eye balling off 

Cardinal Gibbons is easily better than the 3 teams ahead of them but then again ITG next is typically the most odd ball ranking for Florida out there 

This offseason CG lost a huge amount of starters to STA via xfer. 

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This offseason CG lost a huge amount of starters to STA via xfer. 

They also typically grab a few of their own later in the summer 

Cardinal Gibbons usually loses a few early in the summer before grabbing a few late 

Even so 3 and 4 have zero business being ranked over them and Bolles from what I've heard from everyone I've spoken to in Jacksonville are convinced they are down this year 

The only people hyping Bolles currently are the media people who always hype the "brands" without knowing anything about the roster 

13 hours ago, Softballguy said:

Being feared could apply to plenty of elite teams 

Doesn't change the fact that IMG has an advantage those teams listed don't have in that they don't have any required games dragging down their SOS 

So again I ask what is the SOS of the other teams on the list using ONLY non conference games 

Next season IMG plays Cocoa, Mandarin and Venice. What are your thoughts on those three in-state teams? 

47 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Next season IMG plays Cocoa, Mandarin and Venice. What are your thoughts on those three in-state teams? 

All top 25 for sure. Cocoa will probably be around the 5-7 range, Venice 7-12, and Mandarin 10-20. Tough to call this early 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Cocoa is usually very consistent and all indications shouldn't drop from last year 

I haven't checked in with any sources in Brevard county yet so they should be good 

Mandarin will likely be the best public school in Duval County, they got a good QB and WR but they won't be much match for IMG. Duval County as a whole this year will be significantly down as Mandarin may be the only deep round playoff team in Duval in terms of public schools. TCA Bolles and UC should be decent but they all have questions right now and could either be decent or down depending on how they progress over the summer and if they get any transfers 

Venice probably same boat as Cocoa and they usually get a few transfers that will stock up the roster to be a contender soon if they haven't already 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, Nolebull813 said:

All top 25 for sure. Cocoa will probably be around the 5-7 range, Venice 7-12, and Mandarin 10-20. Tough to call this early 

Any teams in Tampa area supposed to be good this year?

Also sidenote what can you tell me about Peachtree Ridge in GA?

8 hours ago, Softballguy said:

Always a solid team until the playoffs start. Best player recently transferred to Buford. 

The Monarch/PR game on 8/22/24 will be broadcast to a national audience on the Flo Football channel. 

15 hours ago, Softballguy said:

Any teams in Tampa area supposed to be good this year?

Armwood is gonna be super good. Them and Berkeley will be the top dogs. Tech is always good. They play Venice right out the gate so you will know a lot about them right away. 

On 7/2/2024 at 11:37 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Let's be real. Do any of the teams outside of #1 really matter? 

Depends on the classification 

There's several that most #1 ranked teams won't make it out of regionals while others will win state 

Even with my rankings at my best I still missed on 3 teams out of 9 on my preseason #1. I can't go 8 for 8 every year 

So yeah pretty much the entire top 10 matters (sometimes even more) if you are trying to follow who may potentially win a state title because again how many times does any of the state polls not rank the team who won state #1 in the final rankings for that classification?

On 7/2/2024 at 6:45 PM, Nolebull813 said:

No: it’s a garbage class that Chaminade will win by 4-5 touchdowns minimum 

While I think Chaminade would have beaten them had they played last year 

Has Chaminade ever actually beaten Trinity Christian in their entire program history?

Very bold to say nobody in the class could be within 4-5 tds in July when Chaminade has still not beaten TCA in football 

2 hours ago, Softballguy said:

While I think Chaminade would have beaten them had they played last year 

Has Chaminade ever actually beaten Trinity Christian in their entire program history?

Very bold to say nobody in the class could be within 4-5 tds in July when Chaminade has still not beaten TCA in football 

C-M has only been nationally relevant since 2021. And TCA is no longer nationally relevant at all. 

25 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

C-M has only been nationally relevant since 2021. And TCA is no longer nationally relevant at all. 

Chaminade and TCA have been state title contenders for years even before either were nationally relevant 

TCA will be nationally relevant again because they have little to no real competition for talent in Duval County because none of the publics have any real stability and usually even when the teams get good they have coaching changes