Florida News

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

No, it's because they have the toughest schedules year in and year out. 

That's debatable...But when they start the year 1-2-3 regardless of what they did or how many games they lost the previous year, other teams don't stand at chance. Might as well give it to them in the beginning of the season. MD had 2 losses one year and still won a MNC...any other school not named MD, SJB, or BG barely makes the top 25 if they loss 2 games. 

6 minutes ago, MC ROCKETS said:

That's debatable...But when they start the year 1-2-3 regardless of what they did or how many games they lost the previous year, other teams don't stand at chance. Might as well give it to them in the beginning of the season. MD had 2 losses one year and still won a MNC...any other school not named MD, SJB, or BG barely makes the top 25 if they loss 2 games. 

BG plays MD and STA

SJB plays MD and C-M

MD plays SJB and BG

SFA plays DV, MD and IMG

IMG plays CC, BC, PCC, ESL and SFA

Even public Kahuku is playing MD and BG!!! 

NO Dade team is stepping up this season and that's a damn shame! Ya gotta be in it to win it! 

BG plays MD and STA

SJB plays MD and C-M

MD plays SJB and BG

SFA plays DV, MD and IMG

IMG plays CC, BC, PCC, ESL and SFA

Even public Kahuku is playing MD and BG!!! 

NO Dade team is stepping up this season and that's a damn shame! 

I noticed you choose not to respond to the second part of my argument...

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No, it's because they have the toughest schedules year in and year out. MC used to know what that was like. 

Chaminade played an elite schedule last year (still waiting for what their SOS numbers are if we take out the mandatory district games which dragged their SOS down) 

It gets overlooked because they didn't have a bunch of OOS games but playing Central, AHP and Cardinal Gibbons is better than playing Valor Christian or Bixby 

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You do if you want to win a Natty!

The Broward teams are doing everything right in this respect. They'll win at MNC before any Dade team does. 

I always thought a national championship was about being the best 

How exactly is Valor Christian or Bixby better than AHP or Miami Central?

5 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

I always thought a national championship was about being the best 

How exactly is Valor Christian or Bixby better than AHP or Miami Central?

VC and Bixby both suck. Finally, we agree!! 

To be the best, you need to beat the best. Like IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, St John Bosco, etc. 

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

To be the best, you need to beat the best. Like IMG, Mater Dei, Bishop Gorman, St John Bosco, etc. 

It's sad that people base high school football around 4 or 5 teams.

Just put them in a league of their own. 

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Bullshit. You beat them so you're right there with them!! 

Child please...we did, and only won 1 poll in 2022. Some polls had MC as low as 4 or 5 behind 1 and 2 loss teams from the west coast. Don't give me that "you're right there with me ish!" 

Just now, MC ROCKETS said:

Child please...we did, and only won 1 poll in 2022. Some polls had MC as low as 4 or 5 behind 1 and 2 loss teams from the west coast. Don't give me that "you're right there with me ish!" 

MC is inches away from being 4-0 vs BG and IMG combined. And you think those games were a fluke? Some fan you are! #fauxfan

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

MC is inches away from being 4-0 vs BG and IMG combined. And you think those games were a fluke? Some fan you are! #fauxfan

You HAVE clearly missed my point...I digress 🙄

2 hours ago, MC ROCKETS said:

Happy for what? To be on an unlevel,  basis playing field...

Kinda like the current system that thinks Miami Central and Baker County should be in the same classification?

You're a reasonable guy so I'm sure you can see that Miami Central beating a clearly inferior opponent at states is a lose lose for everyone also 

It's not like Miami Central is unwilling or incapable of competing with teams like AHP STA and IMG on a year to year basis, they are absolutely on the same level of those teams and have been for a decade 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So you agree that a team being in a different state doesn't make the matchup nationally relevant and it could easily be many in state games in specific states that are nationally relevant without a state vs state tag to it 

Surely Miami Central vs IMG or STA vs Chaminade or Mater Dei vs St John Bosco don't need to be OOS games to be a national game of the week 99% of the time 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

When I look at a team like Miami Central I would much rather see them play STA or Chaminade then Valor Christian or Bixby 

We agree again. FLs best should be playing the best of CA, TX, GA, etc. 

Sure because the best from those states are probably on par with the other elite Florida teams 

But if the choice is between Chaminade vs Miami Central or Miami Central vs Valor Christian I'll still take the in state option because that in state option will have far more relevance nationally then Miami Central blasting an inferior Colorado team 

You and I both know the track record when GA best has to play Florida best 

CA has caught up a bit in the big matchups but overall Florida has held their own with their best historically 

Same with Florida vs Texas even though it's been almost 2 decades since we had a #1 Florida vs #1 Texas matchup