Florida News

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Let's see how it plays out. 

As long as I've been around sports (I've been around several for close to a decade each) I've always spoken highly of my program when I know they will be good or are super talented 

I don't see the benefit to hiding the talent because eventually teams will figure out who's good because you can't hide the talent for long 

1 hour ago, Softballguy said:

As long as I've been around sports (I've been around several for close to a decade each) I've always spoken highly of my program when I know they will be good or are super talented 

I don't see the benefit to hiding the talent because eventually teams will figure out who's good because you can't hide the talent for long 

To each their own. I'd rather be underestimated by the masses then shock the world. 

51 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I didn't even realize removing regions for all classes were on the table but add that to the list of bad ideas by the FHSAA which will only reward cheaters and programs that have given up trying to compete 

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This still doesn't make sense. He lives in Pensacola, but matriculates at C-M in Hollywood? Those two cities are nine hours apart. 

Chaminade like every powerhouse private in Broward don't have boarding so any kid attending has to either A) live close enough to commute or B) move to the area 

It's not like IMG where the state helps fund their operation while kids live on campus 

Privates like Chaminade aren't doing anything that the publics in large cities or even rural areas aren't already doing 

Edited by Softballguy

Just now, Softballguy said:

Chaminade like every powerhouse private in Broward don't have boarding so any kid attending has to either A) live close enough to commute or B) move to the area 

It's not like IMG where the state helps fund their operation while kids live on campus 

Privates like Chaminade aren't doing anything that the publics in large cities or even rural areas are already doing 

If Howard recently moved to the Hollywood area, shouldn't that town be noted as his hometown? 

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If Howard recently moved to the Hollywood area, shouldn't that town be noted as his hometown? 

If you move somewhere it wouldn't be considered your hometown because a hometown is where you are born or raised 

If I moved to Las Vegas next week after living in say Tampa since I was born 

Tampa would still be my hometown in that instance 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 10:43 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

This still doesn't make sense. He lives in Pensacola, but matriculates at C-M in Hollywood? Those two cities are nine hours apart. 

He played at Pensacola Catholic his first 2 years and was at Western last season. Seems like he's been in the area since last season and just claiming where he's from and not where he lives.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Nolebull813 MC was presented a trophy for winning a KOC game. I thought these games didn't matter? 

#edgewaterstinks 

Somebody must’ve called this game a Miami showcase. I have no clue, but it looks pretty foolish given that it is a preseason game that doesn’t count towards anyone’s records.

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Somebody must’ve called this game a Miami showcase. I have no clue, but it looks pretty foolish given that it is a preseason game that doesn’t count towards anyone’s records.

The event organizer contacted me to try to broadcast those games on Flo. No Thanks! LOL

• Haha 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

The event organizer contacted me to try to broadcast those games on Flo. No Thanks! LOL

Broadcast a preseason game? That’s pretty weird. Why did they waste their event on a preseason game and not at least try and create a regular season event?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Broadcast a preseason game? That’s pretty weird. Why did they waste their event on a preseason game and not at least try and create a regular season event?

I asked the same thing. Everyone in Dade thinks Dade HSFB is actually nationally relevant. Batshit crazy. #wedontneedu 

Here's the rankings (note these are what I had prior to the kickoff classics so none of the kickoff classic results changed the rankings and I'm not updating them again until after this week's games)

Preseason Top 50 Statewide 

1 Chaminade Madonna 

2 Cocoa

3 St Thomas Aquinas 

4 Miami Central 

5 American Heritage Plantation 

6 Columbus 

7 Venice

8 Berkeley Prep

9 Mandarin

10 Mainland 

11 Lakeland

12 Homestead

13 Miami Norland

14 Osceola 

15 Miami Northwestern

16 Clearwater Central Catholic 

17 Western

18 Trinity Christian 

19 Orlando Jones

20 Sanford Seminole 

21 Monarch 

22 Edgewater 

23 University Christian 

24 Cardinal Gibbons 

25 Cardinal Newman 

26 Apopka

27 Treasure Coast 

28 Niceville

29 Miami Booker T Washington

30 Raines

31 Buchholz 

32 Tampa Jesuit

33 Vero Beach 

34 Armwood

35 Coconut Creek 

36 Florida High

37 Hawthorne 

38 Choctawhatchee 

39 Bartram Trail 

40 DeLand 

41 Naples 

42 Lake Mary

43 Wakulla 

44 Bolles 

45 Blanche Ely

46 Tampa Bay Tech 

47 Navarre 

48 Miramar 

49 Bishop Verot 

50 Tampa Plant

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MIA SHOWDOWN said:

What's up, V! No doubt it was meningful on a local level. My opinion is that is wasn't a nationally-relevant event. Nobody outside of Dade was interested in tuning-in to watch local teams play each other in meaningless scrimmages. However if this event was during the regular season and it included out of state teams from CA, TX, GA, OH, NV, etc., now we're talking!  

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What's up, V! No doubt it was meningful on a local level. My opinion is that is wasn't a nationally-relevant event. Nobody outside of Dade was interested in tuning-in to watch local teams play each other in meaningless scrimmages. However if this event was during the regular season and it included out of state teams from CA, TX, GA, OH, NV, etc., now we're talking!  

The only team from Nevada who would compete with any top 25 Florida team is probably Bishop Gorman and outside of California or Texas no other state has the depth to match Florida