Florida News

4 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

The only team from Nevada who would compete with any top 25 Florida team is probably Bishop Gorman and outside of California or Texas no other state has the depth to match Florida 

I'm talking about a Dade vs The USA event. 

Gorman, MD, SJB, SFA, SJP, DV, DS, etc vs Dade's best. Dade would be lucky if they won one game. 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

What's up, V! No doubt it was meningful on a local level. My opinion is that is wasn't a nationally-relevant event. Nobody outside of Dade was interested in tuning-in to watch local teams play each other in meaningless scrimmages. However if this event was during the regular season and it included out of state teams from CA, TX, GA, OH, NV, etc., now we're talking!  

It's only the beginning my Friend Stay Tune!!  My Phone is Blowing up!!!  It will soon rival any other National Event very soon.  Local is where we needed start.  Not going to say it was easy, but it was said it couldn't be Done!  Well, we got it Done!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MIA SHOWDOWN said:

It's only the beginning my Friend Stay Tune!!  My Phone is Blowing up!!!  It will soon rival any other National Event very soon.  Local is where we needed start.  Not going to say it was easy, but it was said it couldn't be Done!  Well, we got it Done!!

If the $$ is there, I can bring down the best of the best. Keep us posted. 

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm talking about a Dade vs The USA event. 

Gorman, MD, SJB, SFA, SJP, DV, DS, etc vs Dade's best. Dade would be lucky if they won one game. 

It's never that stacked for the Broward event 

Why would it be that stacked for Dade?

I’m not understanding. These were all local teams playing a preseason game. They didn’t need a promoter. The Ocala/Central game was just Vanguard returning the trip. Armwood was the only out of town team that may needed some help. 

Are you saying the 95 percent of the local teams would not have been able to play a preseason game had it not been for this event? 

1 hour ago, Softballguy said:

It's never that stacked for the Broward event 

Why would it be that stacked for Dade?

If it's not stacked, there won't be any TV/sponsorship $$ to help fund the event, which would be required for its success. 

This year's Broward event has three primetime games and two vgood ones. It's still considered the best HSFB event in America. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If it's not stacked, there won't be any TV/sponsorship $$ to help fund the event, which would be required for its success. 

This year's Broward event has three primetime games and two vgood ones. It's still considered the best HSFB event in America. 

The Broward event is good but not every OOS team playing in it is a top 25 nationally ranked team like the ones you listed 

So acting like Dade couldn't compete is acting like they will immediately be playing a murders row setup 

Truthfully I've always said it would be easier to do Dade/Broward best combined against USA 

Call it SFL vs USA. Better matchups by using both counties best combined versus splitting it up and if you do have a few tier B teams come then they can play SFL tier B teams 

Putting Miami Palmetto and Dillard against Bishop Gorman or SJB would be idiotic and is just setting it up to fail 

But those teams could compete with Cedar Grove, Valor Christian and coffee counties of the world 

You could even have it between two sites in the same weekend but run it as a single event 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m not understanding. These were all local teams playing a preseason game. They didn’t need a promoter. The Ocala/Central game was just Vanguard returning the trip. Armwood was the only out of town team that may needed some help. 

Are you saying the 95 percent of the local teams would not have been able to play a preseason game had it not been for this event? 

I think he's saying that something like this could make a good regular season event if setup well which would likely require a promoter to get more than just local vs local 

And my point was even the Broward event has a few games like Peachtree Ridge or Milton's of the world 

Those teams ain't SJB or Bishop Gorman or Mater Dei 

And my point was even the Broward event has a few games like Peachtree Ridge or Milton's of the world 

Those teams ain't SJB or Bishop Gorman or Mater Dei 

You can’t have top 10 national teams playing Monarch, CG, Western, C Creek etc etc 

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can’t have top 10 national teams playing Monarch, CG, Western, C Creek etc etc 

Miami Palmetto is probably in line or behind those teams which is my point 

The only teams right now that probably have any business from Dade playing a top 100 national team is Central, Northwestern or Columbus 

Miami Palmetto is probably in line or behind those teams which is my point 

The only teams right now that probably have any business from Dade playing a top 100 national team is Central, Northwestern or Columbus 

If that’s the case we’ll just have a triple header. 

If that’s the case we’ll just have a triple header. 

Here's a hypothetical of what I would think for SFL vs USA (just a mock idea using teams that have either participated in event or been suggested in the past)

(2 site setup, one Broward set and one Dade set) so Broward teams would host their games and Dade would host their games 

Day 1 (Thursday)

3pm

Booker T Washington (FL) vs Peachtree Ridge (GA)

6pm

Dillard (FL) vs Valor Christian (CO)

9pm

Monarch (FL) vs Coffee County (GA)

Day 2 (Friday)

3pm 

American Heritage Plantation (FL) vs Milton (GA)

6pm 

Miami Norland (FL) vs Cedar Grove (GA)

9pm

Columbus (FL) vs Hoover (AL)

Day 3 (Saturday)

12pm

St Thomas Aquinas (FL) vs Bishop Gorman (NV)

3pm

Chaminade Madonna (FL) vs St John Bosco (CA)

6pm 

Miami Northwestern (FL) vs Buford (GA)

9pm 

Miami Central (FL) vs Mater Dei (CA)

14 minutes ago, Softballguy said:

Here's a hypothetical of what I would think for SFL vs USA (just a mock idea using teams that have either participated in event or been suggested in the past)

(2 site setup, one Broward set and one Dade set) so Broward teams would host their games and Dade would host their games 

Day 1 (Thursday)

3pm

Booker T Washington (FL) vs Peachtree Ridge (GA)

6pm

Dillard (FL) vs Valor Christian (CO)

9pm

Monarch (FL) vs Coffee County (GA)

Day 2 (Friday)

3pm 

American Heritage Plantation (FL) vs Milton (GA)

6pm 

Miami Norland (FL) vs Cedar Grove (GA)

9pm

Columbus (FL) vs Hoover (AL)

Day 3 (Saturday)

12pm

St Thomas Aquinas (FL) vs Bishop Gorman (NV)

3pm

Chaminade Madonna (FL) vs St John Bosco (CA)

6pm 

Miami Northwestern (FL) vs Buford (GA)

9pm 

Miami Central (FL) vs Mater Dei (CA)

Never happen. The Broward event is doing too well to bring Dade into the mix. 

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never happen. The Broward event is doing too well to bring Dade into the mix. 

Well I did say two sites so the only thing they would share is a promotional 

Broward and Dade in this scenario would host their group of games 

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm trying to get the Broward folks to add at least one Dade team to its annual lineup. 

They don’t need to. If you added Miami Central for example, who would be playing Peachtree Ridge or Hoover?

AHP?? Chaminade? Blowout city