Texas News & Info

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You’re just talking out the side of your neck now. Texas bubble teams outside their top 25 will never be the nations baseline for bad teams.   That would be places like NY, PA, Conn, Del, Maine, etc 

I’ll upgrade some to “Good” teams. But all the teams last night that lost by 50+ points are bad in the grand scheme of things. 

On 10/6/2023 at 5:22 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

DV, DS, NS

Atascocita is better than DS and probably NS this year!  

DV will beat DS by 20 IMO

DV, NS, Atascocita, and Austin Westlake IMO all would handle Desoto.  Another team on Desoto level IMO is this SLC team.  They made very solid Keller team look very average.

I am hearing in the coming years that Atascocita will be D2 behind NS and SC in that district.  Something to watch next few years.  

• Like 1

Atascocita has proven themselves to me this year.

They checked the last box to put them in anyone’s top 25 national poll 

Physical Trench Play - see games already with Katy and ESL -  We know ESL was physical in the trenches - that’s the only way they beat SFA this year and played them close last year.  Again in losses SFA defense played good football ESL had the same yardage vs SFA as they did Atascocita (208)- The difference is the Atascocita offense.  

@GardenStateBaller what rhyme or reason would you have to keep this bunch out of your top 25!  

If you really loved HS football you would add in more common sense to everything you are doing!

your rankings of DV and Atascocita are both 110% Bogus!!!

Edited by Texasball
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Atascocita is better than DS and probably NS this year!  

DV will beat DS by 20 IMO

DV, NS, Atascocita, and Austin Westlake IMO all would handle Desoto.  Another team on Desoto level IMO is this SLC team.  They made very solid Keller team look very average.

I am hearing in the coming years that Atascocita will be D2 behind NS and SC in that district.  Something to watch next few years.  

The 26/27th of this month will be big in Texas. Several teams playing each other for district title: 

North shore v Cita

DV v DS

SLC v B Nelson

Willis v Woodlands 

Edited by Horsefly
  • Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

I’ll upgrade some to “Good” teams. But all the teams last night that lost by 50+ points are bad in the grand scheme of things. 

Why any focus on these teams that loss by 50 in some meaningful game in some random district smalls and big schools

Not one of these bogus vomit 🤮 polls knows anything about SC TX.   This is upcoming program and the school is still growing.  Just off the beltway between North Shore and Atascocita with CE King close by.  This area between Atascocita and NS along the beltway doesn’t take backseat to any area concerning athletes!!!   
CE King has built facilities to go along with the athletes they have.  Now they could potentially challenge the Houston big dogs from year to year

Best district n the state with 

Atascocita, NS, SC, CEKing this year

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 9:50 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Not hating. Just highlighting the disparity in so many games this Thursday evening. 

0 elite teams.

A handful of vgood teams.

A slew of bad teams. 

What’s your point?  This poor inner city school from FT worth is not good football.  Nobody ever tried to say it was.  They unfortunately get stuck in this district with Aledo and others who will slay them as well.  Game played on Thursday most likely due to number of stadiums and games in FWISD this week.

Edited by Texasball

On 10/9/2023 at 4:45 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Cita at #7???

Aledo is not top 5 IMO

Very good this year.  5A D1 is our 3rd best class so that helps them vs playing 6A.   Guyer wins help, yet Aledo is not the only to beat them.  

I think more 6A teams can beat them than most realize.  

not single poll had mention of Summer Creek in Large top 250 polls.  Yet they look and play similar to teams like MC/MNW/NS and others like them.

Cita at #7???

Aledo and Melissa in top 10!  Bogus!!!  This ridiculous what type of bs is going to drive these rankings?  🤔 i smell some dirty business here.  It’s not just this poll.  MaxPreps has bogus ranking too. 
Honestly, I can’t believe just how bad this industry is!!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Aledo and Melissa in top 10!  Bogus!!!  This ridiculous what type of bs is going to drive these rankings?  🤔 i smell some dirty business here.  It’s not just this poll.  MaxPreps has bogus ranking too. 

Then do us all a favor and publish your T10 here. I'll wait. 

Cita at #7???