NJ Power Private News

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

My point is if he truly WAS the real deal he would've been recruited by a power private coming out of 8th grade. 20% of Delby's lacrosse team is from Rumson. Why didn't he matriculate there or RBC? The fact that all of these players are starless is telling. 

I wasn't making a point. I was just taking the opportunity to update everyone.

• Like 1

GardenStateBaller you have to get a clue. How many stars did Jermain Kinsler have when he was added to BC Roster? How many does he have now? How many star did Bellamy have when he joined BC? How many did he leave with? How many stars did Amin Vanover have when he went to Joe's? How many did he leave with? How many stars did Smith Vilbert have when he went to Joe's? How many did he leave with? How many did Alquadine Muhammad have when he went to DBP? How many did he leave with? I can go on and on. The fact is you're a casual that should ease up on speaking on things you're not in the know about. These coaches hand pick these kids for a reason. Not to mention some of the kids you referred to have multiple P5 offers already.

Edited by BNU04

40 minutes ago, BNU04 said:

GardenStateBaller you have to get a clue. How many stars did Jermain Kinsler have when he was added to BC Roster? How many does he have now? How many star did Bellamy have when he joined BC? How many did he leave with? How many stars did Amin Vanover have when he went to Joe's? How many did he leave with? How many stars did Smith Vilbert have when he went to Joe's? How many did he leave with? How many did Alquadine Muhammad have when he went to DBP? How many did he leave with? I can go on and on. The fact is you're a casual that should ease up on speaking on things you're not in the know about. These coaches hand pick these kids for a reason. Not to mention some of the kids you referred to have multiple P5 offers already.

We live in America, where free speech rules. My opinion is my opinion. I'll never call a baller the "real deal" until they prove it on the field and in the trenches. As you so eloquently indicated above time will tell how well those aforementioned xfer players develop. We agree on that. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

Yes  he is being very aggressive especially on the defensive side of the ball. His game plan is simple and for him it is age old. Play stout defense, run the hell out of the ball with Forester and win a close low scoring & if necessary ugly game. Joe's doesn't have the talent to get into a high scoring game with Bergen. Tough D & a few turnovers and he believes he can pull the upset. 

Mick, this is really funny. Did Joe's have the talent to get into high scoring game with BC last year?

Edited by BNU04

2 hours ago, BNU04 said:

Mick, this is really funny. Did Joe's have the talent to get into high scoring game with BC last year?

maybe a poor choice of words on the generalization. But you did lose and I think if the game set up that way you would be at a disadvantage. I have a lot of respect for this year's SJR team and do believe you are the only team than can beat us. However, I've always been a believer that the coaches put the teams on paper and if you think your the underdog you side it down & no one is better at doing that than Auggie. His teams always played hard nosed disciplined football. Win the trenches & win the turnover battle. I think that will be the game plan. Solid D, create a few turnovers & ground & pound. It wasn't meant to be an insult.

3 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

maybe a poor choice of words on the generalization. But you did lose and I think if the game set up that way you would be at a disadvantage. I have a lot of respect for this year's SJR team and do believe you are the only team than can beat us. However, I've always been a believer that the coaches put the teams on paper and if you think your the underdog you side it down & no one is better at doing that than Auggie. His teams always played hard nosed disciplined football. Win the trenches & win the turnover battle. I think that will be the game plan. Solid D, create a few turnovers & ground & pound. It wasn't meant to be an insult.

Mick it was a 5pt win. BC threw for 133 and Rushed for 186. 

Joe's threw for 250 and Rushed for 127.

All of bc's offensive output came via one player for the most part, Kaj. The next best offensive output came from Porter who was kept out the endzone and had 64 receiving yards. I say this to point out BC had two athletes. I'm just trying to figure out where this advantage is. 

Joe's returns all three of their WR'S that actually were impact players, along with a 4* RB, and will rely on rising jr 6'6 TE in Brady Shust (Google offers). 

This is in no way to say Joe's is better than BC, but the point is that BC didn't have an advantage in athletes last year and will not have one this year. BC had a better, deeper, well coached defense which ultimately sealed the game on a strip sack. 

Attached are screenshot of the production returning for both teams.

Screenshot_20240726_223601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223522_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223434_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223209_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223055_Samsung Internet.jpg

6 hours ago, BNU04 said:

Mick it was a 5pt win. BC threw for 133 and Rushed for 186. 

Joe's threw for 250 and Rushed for 127.

All of bc's offensive output came via one player for the most part, Kaj. The next best offensive output came from Porter who was kept out the endzone and had 64 receiving yards. I say this to point out BC had two athletes. I'm just trying to figure out where this advantage is. 

Joe's returns all three of their WR'S that actually were impact players, along with a 4* RB, and will rely on rising jr 6'6 TE in Brady Shust (Google offers). 

This is in no way to say Joe's is better than BC, but the point is that BC didn't have an advantage in athletes last year and will not have one this year. BC had a better, deeper, well coached defense which ultimately sealed the game on a strip sack. 

Attached are screenshot of the production returning for both teams.

Screenshot_20240726_223601_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223522_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223434_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223209_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240726_223055_Samsung Internet.jpg

I stand corrected..Stats don't lie

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MickeyBern said:

I stand corrected..Stats don't lie

Also, Jack Harris was recruited by Power Privates coming out of 8th grade. BC, SJR, Delby were all trying to get him. The kid seemed afraid to leave Rumson. He often expressed the loyalty he felt to that staff, his friends, and the overall community. Ultimately someone was able to get him to see the opportunities and doors that would open by attending BC and playing on that stage. That kid was a must have and many of the coaching staffs that were in the know, were sick when he chose BC.

Edited by BNU04

1 hour ago, BNU04 said:

Also, Jack Harris was recruited by Power Privates coming out if 8th grade. BC, SJR, Delby were all trying to get him. The kid seemed afraid to leave Rumson. He often expressed the loyalty he felt to that staff, his friends, and the overall community. Ultimately someone was able to get him to see the opportunities and doors that would open by attending BC and playing on that stage. That kid was a must have and many of the coaching staffs that were in the know were sick when he chose BC.

Yeah a guy I work with saw him at practice and said he was the real deal. Very impressed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paladin4ever said:

BNU Realignment for 2024 Season:

United Red: Bergen Catholic; Don Bosco Prep; Paramus Catholic; St. Joseph (Mont.)

United White: Delbarton; DePaul; Pope John; Seton Hall Prep; St. Peter’s Prep

Makes sense as SPP no longer belongs with the Red teams. 

• Like 1