NJ Power Private News

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Which is a crock. BC should be rewarded for scheduling IMG and Mass, not penalized! Same goes for DBP (Hoban) and SJR (SFA). 

Agreed! Don't penalize the Big 3 because they have to venture out of state to fill their schedule. It's not their fault no one will play them in-state. 

10 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Agreed! Don't penalize the Big 3 because they have to venture out of state to fill their schedule. It's not their fault no one will play them in-state. 

I think the problem has to do with how NJ would cross-reference OOS teams.  The state has the stats for all NJ teams, but doesn't know the stats for the OOS teams.  So they solve the problem by ignoring it...

Edited by elKakador

15 minutes ago, elKakador said:

I think the problem has to do with how NJ would cross-reference OOS teams.  The state has the stats for all NJ teams, but doesn't know the stats for the OOS teams.  So they solve the problem by ignoring it...

They should omit those games then rather them penalizing them as losses. 

On 9/17/2024 at 9:34 AM, MickeyBern said:

Yeah but at least they are seeded by committee. This has some weight but is not the determining factor

The seeding by committee comes into play, I think, because of the OOS games played by the non-pubs.

If a non-pub plays a couple of OOS games and wins against strong competition, this is is gonna weigh more than an undefeated non-pub who plays only in-state competition, which isn't as strong, but has more power points because the the number of games played against teams that yield power points.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, elKakador said:

The seeding by committee comes into play, I think, because of the OOS games played by the non-pubs.

If a non-pub plays a couple of OOS games and wins against strong competition, this is is gonna weigh more than an undefeated non-pub who plays only in-state competition, which isn't as strong, but has more power points because the the number of games played against teams that yield power points.

Exactly   that is what I'm saying. If the season ended today with those Power Points the committee would still make BC #1.

14 minutes ago, MickeyBern said:

Exactly   that is what I'm saying. If the season ended today with those Power Points the committee would still make BC #1.

Not exactly, right now St Augustine has more power points.  But BC would be seeded higher by the committee because of its win over Massillon, even thought BC got no power points for this win...

1 hour ago, elKakador said:

Not exactly, right now St Augustine has more power points.  But BC would be seeded higher by the committee because of its win over Massillon, even thought BC got no power points for this win...

We are playing word game you & I. That is what I'm saying. Bottom line, the committee would use their collective heads and make BC #1.